LogWater and LogVisibility issue?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
5teve

LogWater and LogVisibility issue?

Post by 5teve »

Hi All

New user here (and liking it very much) and just looking at creating my own log book template. I have started from scratch and everything was going well.

I have just gone to insert visbility and water type (LogWater and LogVisibility i am assuming) and they are listed as numbers and insert as numbers. What do I need to do to get the text description, its as tho they are returning the ID not the string.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve
5teve

Re: LogWater and LogVisibility issue?

Post by 5teve »

Also there seems to be no string variables for trip and shop...

I'm assuming i'm missing something basic here.. so will wait for guidance :)

Steve
5teve

Post by 5teve »

Anyhow... i'll continue talking to myself.. I think i have found it the water / visibility issue (me being the issue) .. looking at other templates.. it looks like its this was for flexibility in naming.

Steve
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Steve

All list based values (e.g. Water type, tank type, visibility, entry type) are the zero based index value of the dropdown list. Zero (0) is the first entry, One (1) the 2nd entry etc. You can convert that value to text or a symbol in the report designer.

Trip and Shop are indeed a problem and have to be provided by the application. This is currently not available but on my to-do list.

Kind regards,
Sven
5teve

Post by 5teve »

Thanks Sven

Apologies for my little conversation to myself.. I'm slowly working things out (and looking at the other templates available for answers) I'm amazed at how powerful this is..

Regarding Trip and Shop (or Dive Centre) Trip isnt that important to me, however the shop / dive centre field i'd like to use so that I can record which Dive resort / centre / school we used as there are normally several in each location. I know stamps etc should show us, I just thought it would be convenient.

Hopefully you manage to resolve the problem of providing them by the application.

Keep up the great work!

Steve