Diviac Support

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
JonOrt

Diviac Support

Post by JonOrt »

I'm moving from SmartTrak to DiveLog 5. That has been going well. I'm also testing out a few online log tracking services (but not for use as my primary as these things come and go faster than a scared squid.) This is most likely Diviac's issue but I can't get UDCF or UDDF export to work properly. Diviac indicates that a properly formatted UDCF or UDDF works properly and they have many people using it. The issue I am having is that UDCF is not importing properly. The dive site is munged up in the location. This may be an issue with UDCF, so I then tried UDDF which is supposed to be newer/better/stronger/faster. Diviac completely dies after uploading the UDDF file from DL5. I have sent it UDDF files from a couple of other apps and they seem to work. Is there something specific about the DL5 UDDF file that makes it have issues with Diviac? Anyone here using this functionality? Is there any other way to get everything up to Diviac? I use a large number of fields and I would like to just have a good sync method to a good social diving site.

DL 5.0.12

Thanks
Jon
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Diviac Support

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jon

Diving Log supports currently officialy 3 online logbooks (Scubacrowd is available in the latest beta) with direct uploading, which is the best way to get data online.

I've looked at Diviac in the past and it looks like an interesting website and maybe I can add support for it in the future if there is an offical API. But implementing online sync functions means a lot of work, so it is probably a few month until it would be available.

UDCF does not contain much information, so I don't recommend it for this. UDDF could contain more data, but Diving Log currently does not export everything that's possible (also due to time issues), but normally the UDDF files should be fine. You can send the Diviac developers and UDDF file and ask them about the specific issues and if it is on the Diving Log side I can certainly fix it. But there are different UDDF versions, so maybe it is just a format problem.

Kind regards,
Sven
JonOrt

Post by JonOrt »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll ping Diviac on the UDDF issue. They crash.

I did find a way around the problem. I DropBox sync to DiveMate USB and then let it upload to Diviac. Nearly perfect there.

Jon
Bushi

Post by Bushi »

scubaboard has now added support/wrapper for Diviac so it's likely to be getting a lot of attention.

I ran into the same issues as the OP. UDDF data shows up not separated/parsed correctly. UDDCF, just fails completely and is dumped. DAN DL7 returns a 500 error (but maybe that is Diviacs problem).

Direct upload would of course be ideal but failing that it would be great if you could look into the UDDCF issue a bit. There supports response is of course, it works fine on there end (I have sent them a sample log to look at).

3 way kludges back to my old android phone... ugh, but thanks for the work around idea.

A shiny golden cookie to whomever lets me escape liquid vision dive logger first :).
Bushi

Post by Bushi »

I have been plugging away with Diviac to try and and get a good import from diving log 5 directly.

Still not working right. So I decided to try a couple other imports to see if it's a source problem. My conclusion is there is a problem with the formatting or data with UDDF and other exports.

Diviac can't get a good import on any of the exports, so I tried subsurface which is a pretty decent open source dive log app.

UDDF imports are missing tons of data (though do better then Diviac).
UDCF missing tons of data
XML: Looks good BUT is MISSING comments. otherwise looks pretty intact. Yah!. However divac can't take in XML. Boo.
CVS: didn't work right but might have been I didn't have the right separator or something on the import setting (going to come back to that)

I did try the android kludge and that dose work, but yikes.

I'm not sure what data should be inlcuded with UDDF, my understanding is that it should be pretty complete but I can't get either apps to take the diving log 5 output correctly.

Conversely, if I import from XML, then export to UDDF from subsurface I get a slightly better import to diviac (though still not as data complete as it should be).

ASK: Can we please get comments added tothe XML export?

bottom line for me is it's been frustratingly complicated to free my dive data any particular direction.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

In the XML export dialog, click the settings button at the bottom. Here you can enable comments export.

Kind regards,
Sven
maverik464

Post by maverik464 »

Hi,

looking for an online database too as backup/travelling logbook. Any news about possible support of Diviac? As I tried to upload the UDDF file exported from DL5.0 but tons of information were not uploaded.

Thks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

At the moment I'm working on other time consuming developments for Diving Log, so unfortunately there won't be much time in the near future for adding support for Diviac. Due to my experience with other online logbook sync functions, it takes several weeks to finish such a sync function, and I can't afford so much time right now, sorry.

There are already 3 other online logbooks and 2 cloud storage solutions supported:

https://www.divinglog.de/english/feature ... _cloud.php

Please note, only OneDrive or Dropbox is a real online backup. The online logbooks don't store all your logbook data, so they are not intended as backup.

As an alternate solution and if you really want to use Diviac and if you have an Android device, you can sync from Diving Log to DiveMate USB and then upload from DiveMate to Diviac.

Kind regards,
Sven