Suunto Vyper Air O2 Per Cent

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
GHDave

Suunto Vyper Air O2 Per Cent

Post by GHDave »

Hi! I'm a big fan of Diving Log. But when I download dives from a Vyper Air, the O2 % does not fill in. I would think this info would download. This seems to be the case using either the Suunto downloader or the Universal. Have I got something set wrong, or does this just not happen? Thanks!
TnT

Re: Suunto Vyper Air O2 Per Cent

Post by TnT »

Does this happen for dives with or without gas switches? The libdivecomputer parser (used in the universal downloader) had a bug because it did not report the initial gas mix, which means that until the first gas switch occurs, the application doesn't know which gas mix is in use. The problem you are reporting is probably related.

Try with the latest libdivecomputer dll. Download the latest build from the libdivecomputer website, copy it into the Diving Log installation directory (backup the existing dll, just in case), and try again.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
GHDave

Post by GHDave »

That worked! At least on my first test download it did. Have to catch the dive boat in 10 minutes, will test further when I have new dives to download, but so far so good! Thanks!
TnT

Post by TnT »

For the bugfix, I made the assumption that the initial gas mix is always the first gas mix in the list of configured gas mixes. I don't know if the dive computer allows you to set another mix as the initial gas, but if it does, than it will still give you the wrong result. In that case I'll need a memory dump from the dive computer with at least one dive where the initial mix is not the first one (preferrably the last mix, because that's the easiest one to locate for me).

I know this scenario is certainly possible for the HelO2, but I don't know for the other models. So if anyone wants to help to fix this bug once and for all, setup multiple gas mixes (each with a different oxygen percentage), set the last one as the initial mix, record at least one dive and send me the memory dump. There is no need to switch to another mix during the dive, so you can even do this during a dive with plain air.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
GHDave

Post by GHDave »

Still working correctly, thanks!