New User - Trial Version

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
colby

New User - Trial Version

Post by colby »

I just downloaded Diving Log, version 4.0.1 or whatever is the latest on the website, and I had a few comments/questions about the product.

1. I am in Canada, but have selected Imperial units of measure. When I select Browser|Logbook Browser, my depths are in meters.

2. Bulk picture upload is covered under another forum topic

3. When I entered my 5th and 6th dives, the numbering jumped ahead and I was prompted as to whether or not I wanted to delete the dive. For example, I entered the 5th dive, and it was numbered as 5 in the journal. However, in the listing on the left side, it had skipped #5 and put in the number 6. It also changed the number in the journal entry to 6. By saying "No" and then changing the number back to 5, it was corrected.

4. When doing a journal entry/edit, the Logbook entry fields do not fit onto the background "book" image. I can supply a screen shot of this if you like.

5. The Info section includes a "Last Backup" placeholder, however, there is no function, that I have found, that backs up the database through the application.

6. There should be a way to add captions for the pictures that are imported. After a number of years, memories get worse and having the caption would be nice.

That's about it for now. I'm still playing, so if I find anything else, I will let you know.

Cheers
Dave[/list]
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

Thanks for your suggestions.

To 1: Yes, the logbook browser only display meters at the moment. I'll add feets in the next update.

To 3: I hope that I understand this right. I'll try to simulate this on my computer.

To 4: Yes, please send me a screenshot. But I think that this is because you have a special setting in your control panel to display large fonts. But you can display any background picture with the preferences dialog, so you can create a bigger background image and set this up for displaying.

To 5: This text is for the upcomming backup function. At the moment it isn't implemented yet.

To 6: The database has allready a field for comments to pictures, but the insert and display isn't implemented in the program yet.

Thanks and best regards,
Sven
colby

Post by colby »

Sven,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My font size is actually set to normal.

Here's the screenshot:

Cheers
Dave
divinglog
Site Admin