importing gas data suunto vyper

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Cerianthus

importing gas data suunto vyper

Post by Cerianthus »

Also a beginner question:

I imported profiles from a suunto spyder. The gas info is given as gas1 (O2=25%) or gas1 (O2=21%) and for the same percentage Air (O2=21%).

However, the O2 percentage ( O 2 [%] ) field stays empty. I was expecting this to be filled in automatically from the data in the computer.

Also, in some cases the average depth field is filled, in other cases (same computer) it is not : again, I would expect these data to be filled in automatically.

Gerard
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: importing gas data suunto vyper

Post by divinglog »

Hi Gerard

Do you use the "Suunto Downloader" or the "Universal Downloader" or importing from Suunto Dive Manager? The last two should import the gas automatically.

Kind regards,
Sven
Cerianthus

Post by Cerianthus »

i used the suunto one. The gas info is given as gas1 (O2=25%) or gas1 (O2=21%) and for the same percentage Air (O2=21%).

using the downloader (I presume that is the universal downloader?, it doesnt say universal in the dutch version) there is no gas info at all,

Furthermore it doesnt recognise there has been deco or a repetive dive . If in edit mode, it gives very weird depths (like 10,668000000) and times. It does however get the temperature profile (which is quite limited on a vyper).

dont really see the point if I have to first download everything in the suunto program....
Cerianthus

Post by Cerianthus »

importing from suunto DM3 does give o2 percentages in the right place, but it still skips the average depth.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The average depth is always calculated from the depth profile and not imported. As long as there is a profile, the average depth should be displayed in the logbook window (but not in the logbook table editor). I'll have a look at the Suunto and Universal Downloader regarding the O2 values.
Cerianthus

Post by Cerianthus »

thanks. i just revisited the forum because i wanted to report i found the average depth in the logbook window and indeed not in the table.
Cerianthus

Post by Cerianthus »

the recent update to 5.0.13 has not fixed the problem. Importing by the downloader, there is no data in the O2 percentage field.

If I import via Suunto dive manager, it works, but I would like to skip that step.
TnT

Post by TnT »

If you send me a memory dump of your dive computer, I'll have a look at the 02 percentages. See this topic for instructions.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please download also this zip file and extract it into the Diving Log program folder, then try the download again. This is a slightly newer version and contains an improved gas parsing function.
Cerianthus

Post by Cerianthus »

the zipfile with the slightly updated .exe did the trick !

Thanks to both for your help!