VMWare Fusion Problems

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ianr

VMWare Fusion Problems

Post by ianr »

Hi,

I'm trying to update the software to the latest version under Vmware Fusion 5 on a MacBook Pro and it keeps telling me that it cannot access the vmware-hosts directory and i don't have appropriate permissions. I've run the full range of tests recommended on the Vmware forums including removing and reinstalling Vmware tools, etc.

Can anyone else confirm that they have managed to upgrade and that it isn't some funky bug in the installation file?

It's sucking up an inordinate amount of time and i go on a 3 week dive trip in 2 weeks and wanted it sorted by then if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: VMWare Fusion Problems

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ian

When do you see the error message, during installation of the update? You can download the update also as zip file and extract it into the Diving Log program folder.

Kind regards,
Sven
ianr

Re: VMWare Fusion Problems

Post by ianr »

Hi Sven,

That update worked from the zip file. It was the full installation that failed when it was trying to write the templates folder as there was an apparent problem with the VM seeing the folder location or having the correct permissions. Weird as there is only a single account which is the admin and the folder structure was fully accessible through windows explorer within the VM.

Downloading a new update to fusion now and will see how things go but i appear to be safe enough for my upcoming dive trip.

Hopefully my new xDeep Black bottom timer arrives in time :)

Cheers

Ian