DiveBoard - Transfer of Location when uploading

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
damen

DiveBoard - Transfer of Location when uploading

Post by damen »

Hi Sven,

I have started using Diveboard as I do not want to spend more time for my own web divelog, but there seems to be an issue with the transfer of the GPS location. Specifically, it seems that the longitude is not transferred and thus shown as 0.0 for each location entered in Divinglog.

I saw one previous entry regarding this issue before, can you tell me if there is any progress regarding this issue?
Please also let me know if I can support with some testing, webservice checking etc. Glad to help solve this.

Thanks, Martijn
TSK Erlangen e.V.
VDST TL2 / 1554
VDST Gasmischer
IANTD Advanced EANx Diver
IANTD Trimix Gas Blender
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: DiveBoard - Transfer of Location when uploading

Post by divinglog »

Hi Martijn

The longitude data is uploaded by me, so I have to clarify with the diveboard developers why the data isn't showing up. If you want you can write them also an email, maybe they can debug your upload data on the server side.

Kind regards,
Sven
damen

Post by damen »

Hi Sven, thanks, will try to contact them.
Regards, Martijn
TSK Erlangen e.V.
VDST TL2 / 1554
VDST Gasmischer
IANTD Advanced EANx Diver
IANTD Trimix Gas Blender
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

The other thing I noticed was that the country (at least for Canada) was not being linked properly. I don't know if their API has the ability to match country name (or if that's possible to collect the countries and match them as part of the format for upload).
Andrew Forget
PADI IDC Staff Instructor 212158
hydrashok

Post by hydrashok »

I'm seeing quite a few synchronization errors with Diving Log 5.0.11 with diveboard.com

Uploading:
1) Location does not sync very well (specifically, the country)
2) Weight values are different from Diving Log to DiveBoard.Com
3) Tank size shows all kinds of different values after uploading

Downloading:
There are all kinds of issues:
1) No location downloads, at all!
2) Buddies do show up, but the entries in your relational database are not searched and matched
3) Pictures do not download

I know there are others, but these are the ones that were quick for me to identify, because I'm manually syncing these values... and it's tedious! <sigh>
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Sven, I wonder if there is a problem with west longitude (negative values), because the latitude from my logbook is sent correctly, but the longitude (all of them being west) are not (show up as zero). I will set up Fiddler and look at the API and the data being sent next time I upload to check...
Andrew Forget
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Andy

Yes, I'm aware of the latitude problem that sometimes (not always) occurs, but I can't find a problem on my side. I've created a debug version which outputs all Diveboard data to a file before uploading, so you can check the data yourself. Extract the zip file into the Diving Log program folder and the data is stored in (hidden folder by default) C:\ProgramData\Diving Log\DiveboardUpload.txt
hydrashok wrote:Uploading:
1) Location does not sync very well (specifically, the country)
2) Weight values are different from Diving Log to DiveBoard.Com
3) Tank size shows all kinds of different values after uploading
Location is interpreted on the server side, I'm just uploading the data. Country is a free text field in Diving Log, so Diveboard may not be able to understand the localized name. Weight and tank size is uploaded straight from the database. Are the values maybe displayed in metric units instead of imperial?
hydrashok wrote: Downloading:
There are all kinds of issues:
1) No location downloads, at all!
2) Buddies do show up, but the entries in your relational database are not searched and matched
3) Pictures do not download
Country, city and dive site should be downloaded and stored right inside a dive. But if you mean creating detailed items you're right, this doesn't happen at the moment. Same for buddies, these are stored directly in the dive and not linked with detailed items. I'm not sure if downloading pictures is possible, I have to check the API docs.

Overall these problems are related to the relatively big differences in the data structure between Diveboard and Diving Log. The current sync function is the result of several weeks of work and collaboration and unfortunately I can only do minor fixes right now. You may get better results if you use http://en.divelogs.de because the data models match a little better.

Kind regards,
Sven
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Looks like negative longitudes are fixed last upload I did. Country linking via code is not there...talking with Sven about possibilities.
Andrew Forget