missing data

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
racerfern

missing data

Post by racerfern »

It seems that the dives I imported from SCUBASE have Profile 4 populated with NDL data (these are actually imported from the Sherwood Wisdom software) but the dives that I import directly from the Wisdom II via the downloader do not have this data???

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be importing from the Sherwood program? That seems like a step I shouldn't have to take.
Many thanks,

Fernando
TnT

Re: missing data

Post by TnT »

The version of the libdivecomputer library that is currently used by divinglog doesn't support parsing the deco/ndl data yet. It was only added very recently to the libdivecomputer library, and only for a few devices (not including any oceanic devices at the moment). So to get deco/ndl support, divinglog will have to update to the latest libdivecomputer version (already planned) and on the libdivecomputer side, the oceanic backend needs to be extended.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
RVbldr

Post by RVbldr »

I know this is an old thread, but has this feature been implemented yet? Can I use the universal imported to pull in NDL/deco data from an Oceanic device?

Jim
TnT

Post by TnT »

The oceanic backends still do not have deco/ndl support. Reverse engineering the data is very time consuming, especially for the oceanics because each model uses a slightly different data format.
CheeseAndJamSandwich

Post by CheeseAndJamSandwich »

Is the story for Suunto computers similar? So we just need to wait for DL to be updated?
I'm using the using the Universal Downloader with my D6i.
TnT

Post by TnT »

The libdivecomputer backends for the newer Suunto's (d9 and vyper2) already support ndl/deco info. But it's limited in functionality because they only indicate whether a sample is ndl or deco. There is no ndl/deco time or stop depth info present. I'll have to ask Sven whether this feature is already integrated in Diving Log or not.
CheeseAndJamSandwich

Post by CheeseAndJamSandwich »

TnT wrote:The libdivecomputer backends for the newer Suunto's (d9 and vyper2) already support ndl/deco info. But it's limited in functionality because they only indicate whether a sample is ndl or deco. There is no ndl/deco time or stop depth info present. I'll have to ask Sven whether this feature is already integrated in Diving Log or not.
OK, thanks.