Double buddies

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
racerfern

Double buddies

Post by racerfern »

I'm gradually rolling from Scubase to Diving Log. I like that DL has the ability to declare countries, dive sites, etc with info that applies to those specifically.

The same applies for buddies but now I have buddies with the "link" symbol and the same buddy with the "pencil" symbol. How do I get rid of the pencil ones since I've created "linked" ones that have specific attributes.

I sure hope I worded that correctly. :)
Many thanks,

Fernando
whodunit68

Re: Double buddies

Post by whodunit68 »

I understood it the way you worded it so it's probably good. I also am struggling with this but worse...I change the dive site to the linked one and it keeps resorting back to the pencil (manual) one. It's happening sometimes with buddies also.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hello Fernando

Once you don't use non linked buddies anymore in any dive, the pencil entry will disappear automatically. Have a look at the logbook table in edit mode. You can quickly convert all buddies to linked entries by entering the correct BuddyIDs value. To find out the correct ID, link every buddy one time in the logbook window and you'll see the ID in the logbook table. You can select several cells at once and enter the ID to fill in all of them at once.

Kind regards,
Sven
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I'll work on that, thanks. So it's obvious that linked items are more powerful than "pencil" in items. Why not make everything linked right off the bat. If you're missing a bunch of useful info for a linked item it might not be able to do as much but a quick addition of more info will power up the link.
Many thanks,

Fernando