Merge dive profiles on import?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
MeRodent

Merge dive profiles on import?

Post by MeRodent »

Is there any way of merging dive profiles during import?

I have just completed my CCR course and on three of the dives we had to perform some surface skills partway through the dive. The shearwater splits these into two dives. As I use my iPad to log the dives and then import dive profiles this will load the second half of a dive profile into the following dive. I'm obviously hoping to avoid this.

Any suggestions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Merge dive profiles on import?

Post by divinglog »

During import this isn't possible, but afterwards in the logbook window (profile toolbar tab > Merge Profiles). But to merge the dives during import with the iPad dives, this can be done that way:

- Sync your iPad dives to the PC (probably allready done)
- Add additional temporary dives to the desktop logbook into the correct position so that the count matches the count on the computer. Use the dive numbers to get the correct sort order
- Import the computer dives using the "Update existing dives" function
- Merge the temporary dives to one and delete them
MeRodent

Re: Merge dive profiles on import?

Post by MeRodent »

I realised after posting that I could simply specify the dives to import from shearwater desktop and use this to update the existing dives. After this I added the second halves of the dives and merged them to the end of the correct dives. I had thought it would need the dives to be sequential but realised I could choose the dives to merge which solved my issue.
8)