google export, KML file

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ole_aggerholm

google export, KML file

Post by ole_aggerholm »

Hi,

Will it someday be possible to add more text in the google export kml file, like dept, longitude, latitude? Current we only have the description avaiable
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: google export, KML file

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll think I can pack some more info into the placemarks. But Latutude and Longitude is already displayed by Google Earch, when you open the edit window of the placemark.
ole_aggerholm

Post by ole_aggerholm »

That would be nice, if you could ad more information, maybe you could made optional. Eg dept yes/no, etc etc.

I ask for latitude longitude, because I integrate the kml file into my webpage, and there I can not right click on the place marker. See this link http://www.cmasdivers.dk/dykkersteder/ (it is in Danish)

If possible you could make a GPS pos yes/no ?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The coordinates are there, just not in the description. Can't you use them from the point tag? Or do you use some kind of ready-to-use kml viewer on the webpage?

Code: Select all

<Point>
          <coordinates></coordinates>
        </Point>
ole_aggerholm

Post by ole_aggerholm »

Hi
the coordinates are in google format, i would like to have it in wgs84, or the format i type it in divelog.
However, my webpage can not read the coordinates tag - so even it was in the same display format. as in divelog - i can not use it

eg format i type in divelog:
56°9.302'N
9°32.335'E