New to DL

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Gasman

New to DL

Post by Gasman »

Hi,

I am trying out DL5 to replace my current Log app on Windows as it no longer seems to work reliably with a USB adapter.

I have a Aladin Z Nitrox and a Memomouse, but cannot download anything.?

The Z nitrox option is similar to my old program where I connect and then initiate transfer on the Z.

With DL5 using the Uwatec Aladin option in downloader it recognises it is connected, states 'waiting for transfer', I initiate transfer, the download bar shows it downloading, then it just goes back to waiting for transfer again.?

If I try the downloader and specify Z Nitrox, and press the download button before or after initiating download I get 'transfer interrupted'. Same applies to memomouse.

What steps do you need to take to download the data please.?

TIA
TnT

Re: New to DL

Post by TnT »

Have you tried the universal downloader too?

@Sven: I remember experiencing a similar problem when implementing the libdivecomputer backend. I checked my notes again, and Divinglog appeared to expect a few extra bytes (0xFF 0x00) after the main data packet. When those bytes are not present, I got the same behaviour as Gasman reports. The transfer goes all the way to the end, but then it fails waiting for those unnecessary bytes.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

It is that I am using.?

I am used to getting the connection and then initiating the download on the Aladin.
With the download button on the UD, when are you supposed to click it.? I've tried before setting the download on the aladin and after.?

I must be doing something wrong.?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

There are a few different download methods for the Aladin:

- Download > Uwatec Aladin > Settings > DownloadEngine = DivingLog
- Download > Uwatec Aladin > Settings > DownloadEngine = Libdivecomputer
- Download > Uwatec Memomouse
- Download > Downloader (This is the Universal Downloader)

Make sure to try all of them. The Memomouse doesn't work well with USB > Serial adapters. I had one in the past and it didn't worked that way, even with DataTrak. If all downloaders don't work, I would guess there is a problem with the interface or connection. What was your previous log software, Wlog? If the previous log software also fails it might be an indication of another problem.

@Jef: I think I've fixed that in the past, and the universal downloader is using the libdivecomputer parser, so it should not be an issue.

Sven
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Thank you, Yes, my previous/current s/w is Wlog.

I think I will just enter the data manually for now and rely on the memomouse, then play around with it when I get home.
I will report back with what I find.

One point of observation, it is not easily apparent that the type of engine in settings is a listbox until you click it, hence I had no idea that it could be changed.? I only discovered that your your post about the steps to take.

Thank you for the prompt responses.
TnT

Post by TnT »

If the universal downloader or the libdivecomputer engine fails, then follow the instructions in this topic. The universal downloader also has an option to generate an error log.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html