Aladin Tec 2G download incorrect

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
reefhound

Aladin Tec 2G download incorrect

Post by reefhound »

Computer - Aladin Tec 2G

Diving Log 5.0.3

Using Downloader, Uwatec, Aladin TEC 2G (also tried Aladin TEC and Aladin 2G)

Multiple errors

1) ALL divetimes are incorrect, they download as 5 to 6 minutes longer than the computer log shows. It seems to be a percentage error as divetimes up to 60 minutes import 5 minutes longer, divetimes 60-90 minutes import 6 minutes longer, and a few divetimes over 90 import 7 minutes longer.

2) ALL depths import 1-2 feet greater than the computer log shows. Except the last dive imports as some astronomical high number like 1600 feet.

3) Subsequent downloads always want to import the last dive in the log. It detects all the other ones as duplicates and has them unchecked but the last one is always checked.
TnT

Re: Aladin Tec 2G download incorrect

Post by TnT »

Is this with the Universal Downloader (e.g. with the blue arrow)? If yes, can you follow the instructions in this topic? I'll also need a smarttrak database with only the dives that are also in the memory dump. The easiest way to do that is to create a new database, download the dives, and then send me that database.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

For the Aladin Tec I recommend using the "Uwatec Smart Downloader" in Diving Log.
TnT

Post by TnT »

I'm still interested in reefhound's data. If there happens to be a bug in the libdivecomputer downloader, then I would like to fix it.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jef

I think I can explain a few of the issues. The dive profile is usually 5 min longer than the header dive time, because it records 5 min profile data at the surface at the end of the dive. The depth difference is probably due to the salinity setting, which is not applied to adjust the depth samples.

Sven
TnT

Post by TnT »

I assume that means the Universal downloader is calculating the divetime from the profile, rather than using the value in the header? I don't remember what divinglog is currently using.

A salinity factor could indeed explain a depth difference. I currently don't apply any correction, because I didn't even knew the Uwatec's have a salinity factor. But that doesn't explain the astronomical high depth reported by reefhound. That might still be a bug.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jef

You're right, in the current Diving Log version I'll import the dive time from the header and not from the profile. I just saw that reefhound is still using version 5.0.3 (from Mai 2011), which does not have the header import. So I suggest upgrading to the latest version.

Only some Uwatec computers have salinity setting. If I remember right it's the Aladin TEC, Smart TEC and Galileo.

Sven
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

Hi guys, I posted that Q then went on a trip and forgot about it.

First, I'll update to latest version and try again. If problems remain I'll create the data needed and pass along. I've never used SmartTrak yet.

As for dive time from profile or header, many computers stay in dive mode a few minutes so a brief pop to surface doesn't create a new dive. But my dive times are not off by a consistent 5 minutes. It varies.

Not sure I understand the salinity issue. I understand salinity affects pressure but if the computer is in sea mode and records 50 feet why would it be imported as anything else? Unless maybe the Tec 2G is recording a raw number and the log display is making the adjustment.