Skydrive and Logbook Data

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Mutley

Skydrive and Logbook Data

Post by Mutley »

Ok guys, here's one i need some info on, if someone can help?

I am running Divelog on my Desktop and have the database set up to be located on my Skydrive. All my pictures which are related to the database are also located on Skydrive. So from the desktop system, i can view the appropriate graphic for a particular dive with no problems. Now when i travel i carry a small laptop, which also runs divelog, so that i can update my dives etc anywhere in the world. Now my question is, if i open the laptop copy, will the database be synchronized for graphics etc, so if i try and view the appropriate graphic for the same dive as the desktop, it would show? What i am trying to achieve, is to take photographs from the divesite upload to skydrive and when i get home just synchronize and be able to view the graphics without having to go through the tedious task of finding and linking again.

Appreciate any help on this
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Skydrive and Logbook Data

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Diving Log just links most images, they are not stored in the logbook file. So to make them show up on both computers, the images have to be stored in the same location. If you have stored them in Skydrive, make sure that you use the same username on both computers. Then your images will be stored in:

C:\Users\YourUsername\SkyDrive\Photos\...

Skydrive will sync the photos across your computers and Diving Log will load them from the same path, so they will show up automatically in your PC logbook.
Mutley

Re: Skydrive and Logbook Data

Post by Mutley »

Great, understand now, thanks for the help