Nemo Excel

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ekkesa

Nemo Excel

Post by ekkesa »

Hi,

I'm trying to download dives from a Nemo Excel. I tried using the software provided by Mares, but that is useless to say the least. I did a bit of searching and came acroos Diving Log which look very promising, ecspecially the option of synchronising to iPad etc. I tried to download the dives, but the Universal downloader keeps failing.

After digging around on the forums, I saw the debug app (nemo.exe), which I promptly downloaded & it ran through. The dump file & the log has been sent to your email address (jefdriesen@h.....l.com).

Any ideas how I can correct this issue, or is it perhaps hardware failure.

Thank you

Herman

PS: I tried in both XP (x86) & Windows 7 (x64)
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Nemo Excel

Post by divinglog »

Hi Herman

Sorry for the late response, I've missed your post somehow! Does it work now or have you heard back from Jef?

Kind regards,
Sven
TnT

Post by TnT »

Herman's Nemo Excel may have a firmware bug. The internal model number corresponds to a Nemo Apneist, not a Nemo Excel. That's causing the problem, because both have a slightly different memory layout. The Mares IRIS application also fails to download because of this. I have sent a patch dll (with the model number hardcoded to the Excel) as a temporary workaround, but in the end this will have to be resolved through Mares support.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for looking into this, Jef!
ekkesa

Post by ekkesa »

Hi Sven / Jef,

Sorry for the late reply, but I was waiting to hear back from Mares Support in SA.

I sent the watch into Mares & they replaced the IRIS (IR Adapter) claiming they can now download all the dives. I fetched the watch & new IRIS from them today, but still can't download the data.

I suspect that they have misinterpreted the issue and disregarded Jef's advice, and that it is in fact still the watch as you originally stated.

Could I ask that you (Jef) confirm that this new dump file (I mailed it to Jef) is still using the headers of the Nemo Apneist. I would like to confront Mares with this information to try and resolve the issue.

Thank you for all your trouble with this issue.

Kind Regards,

ekke
ekkesa

Post by ekkesa »

Hi,

Mares eventually acknowledged the issue and replaced the watch. We asked them to test before delivery and oddly only the fourth out of the box replacement was working.

All seems to be fine now - thankz n million for all you effort & advice!

Cheers

-ekke
Philloh

Post by Philloh »

Hi

I had been using a Mares Nemo Excel around 2011-12 for my dives, but have never been able to download my dive log successfully.

I still have the device with me, but I am wondering if there is any way i can still salvage my dive data.

Has there been any solution to Mares Nemo Excel problems mentioned in this thread?

I have tried using Diving Log 6.0 with Mares IRIS 2.4 USB but still not successful.

Philip
ekkesa

Post by ekkesa »

Hi,
Sven / Jef gave us a custom dll to download the data from the watch using Diving Log. The issue was resolved permanently after Mares swopped the unit out for one which works correctly.
Philloh

Post by Philloh »

Hi Herman

Thanks for replying.

My warranty has expired and I don't quite need to swap to a new unit.

So, it means there is no way I can salvage my dive data?

Philip
TnT

Post by TnT »

It depends on what the problem is. Can you try to download a memory dump, and send me those files. The procedure is explained here: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=1879
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Philloh

Post by Philloh »

Thanks for the steps Jef.

I will try them out.