Diving Log 5.0.6 won't download Suunto

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
RogerSelwyn

Diving Log 5.0.6 won't download Suunto

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi,

I have a strange problem where on one computer running 5.0.6 I can't download any dives from my Vyper Air or my wife's Vytec DS. Whilst on another computer running 5.0.5 I can.

Both are the same OS (Windows 7 32-bit), both with the same cable, both with the same database. On the computer with 5.0.6 it previously worked with 5.0.5, but I don't think I've tried downloading with 5.0.6 before.

Both computers go through the full download cycle getting to Download Successful, taking a couple of minutes on the Downloading Dive Profiles step, but then it shows no compute model, serial, etc and 0 dives and 0 max depth on the computer information page.

I'm happy to run any debug tests you need if you can guide me how.

Thanks
Roger
TnT

Re: Diving Log 5.0.6 won't download Suunto

Post by TnT »

Are you using the Universal downloader? If yes, follow the instructions in this topic. If not, give it a try.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

I'm just using the app straight out of the box. I select Suunto to import from in the imports list. I'll give the instructions here a go and report back.

Cheers
Roger
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

OK, so I was using the SuuntoXML importer, which as I say works fine on 5.0.5, but not on 5.0.6. However the Universal Downloader does import the dives. But it doesn't seem to capture any ascent rate warnings, which the SuuntoXML does.

I'd rather have an import that does do an import and captures everything. :( Any ideas?

Thanks
Roger
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Just installed 5.0.6 on another computer, and it seems to work fine with SuuntoXML. This makes it something to do with my PC. Guess I need to dig further...

Roger
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

I think I have got as far as I can get, so I'm looking for some more advice.

On my main PC (i.e. the one my wife uses for looking at dive logs), I can download dives using the Universal Downloader, but it is missing 'Slow' ascent events. Not sure whether that is just something the universal downloader can't do. I can't identify if the info is there in the dump file.

If I use the Suunto downloader (SuuntoXML) it shows nothing at the end of the download process. When I eun SuuntoXML on it's own it creates a dump file with everything I need in it. So it looks like it is extracting the data correctly, but it just isn't making into Diving Log. Not sure if that is an XML issue?

Any advice on how to solve this anyone?

Thanks
Roger
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Aha - StepReadXMLFile had got changed to False. I don't remember doing it but changing it to True seems to have done the trick.

Sorry everyone...