Gas Switching

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
RogerSelwyn

Gas Switching

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi,

I'm planning to use Divinglog.de because of 'challenges' with Suunto dive manager. The app looks great, and integrates with Android phone which is excellent.

One problem I've noticed is that it doesn't seem to download the gas switch notification from my Vytec DS. Is that user error? Or does the app not do it.

As an example I was using EAN25 for first 36 mins of dive and changed to EAN80. Suunto Dive Manager notices this gas change, but divinglog.de doesn't, leaving me to have to add it via the profile tab (and therefore either looking through my profile on the Vytec or having to remember when it was.

If I'm doing it wrong, please let me know.

Cheers
Roger
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Gas Switching

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roger

The Suunto downloader in Diving Log does not yet support that, so you have to add them unfortunately manually at the moment. As an alternate method, you can download your technical dives with SDM 3.x and import from there to Diving Log. The Suunto Dive Manager import will import your gas switches into Diving Log.

Kind regards,
Sven
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi Sven,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Have you any ideas when you will add the ability to download the Gas switch. The major problem I have is that for some reason I can no longer import into SDM!

Also I did a full import of previous dives into Diving Log from SDM 3, which were a mix of Vyper and Vytec DS dives, and it doesn't seem to have imported the gas exchange. Is that because of the mix of dives?

Thanks
Roger
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Just to add to that last post. I downloaded the Vytec to another computer which will import into SDM 3, then imported a dive into Diving Log with a gas switch in it, and it didn't bring the gas switch across :(

Cheers
Roger
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roger

I don't know when gas switch support will be added to libdivecomputer, but you can ask Jef if you want (he is also registered here in the forum as TnT).

Can you send me your SDM logbook file (D9.mdb) so I can check the import. Normally the gas switch should be imported in the latest Diving Log 5.0.4 version (make sure you have that one).

Kind regards,
Sven
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi Sven,

I've emailed you a d9.mdb. Let me know if it doesn't arrive, it is 7mb zipped.

I'll contact Jef about the gas switching in libdivecomputer.

Thanks
Roger
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roger

Gas switches are now imported from Suunto Dive Manager in the latest 5.0.5 update. It is unfortunately not yet included in the Universal Downloader, even though it is supported by libdivecomputer. I'll add that to the next update.

Kind regards,
Sven
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi Sven,

That's great news. I'll give the import from SDM a go when I get back from holiday.

Thanks
Roger
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi Sven,

Been having a look at the new version, looks good. When you do the import from SDM, are you able to also add the ability to import the second tank info? On the d9.mdb I sent you it should show as a 3 litre cylinder with start and end pressures.

If not, that's cool, I'll just have to go back and re-add the tank info. I haven't got so many deco dives that that is impossible.

Cheers
Roger
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roger

Normally all tanks used during that dive should be imported, otherwise the gas swith would not be possible in the profile. Have you checked the "Gas & Tank" window?

Cheers,
Sven
RogerSelwyn

Post by RogerSelwyn »

Hi Sven,

Yes the tanks are imported, so it shows the Nitrox mix for the second tank, but it hasn't imported the pressures and tank size, they are left empty for the second tank

I only had about 30 dives with gas switch, so I've added them by hand, but you may wish to look into it anyway.

Cheers
Roger
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roger

Yes, that is currently not working due to some strange issues in the Suunto database I have to figure out.

Cheers,
Sven