problem downloading from suunto vytec ds

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ClausC

problem downloading from suunto vytec ds

Post by ClausC »

Hi'
I have usually not had any problems downloading dives to Diving Log, but after upgrade to v. 5 and maybe because my computer showed low battery on dive yesterday, I get the assertion failed (screenshot enclosed). download manager runs fine, but in the end I received the error and Diving log 5 closes down.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find any help here so far.

Any help will be much appreciated :)
TnT

Re: problem downloading from suunto vytec ds

Post by TnT »

This is a bug in the libdivecomputer library. Can you follow the instructions in this topic to collect the data I need. You'll need the "vyper" test application for your Vytec DS.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
ClausC

Post by ClausC »

TnT wrote:This is a bug in the libdivecomputer library. Can you follow the instructions in this topic to collect the data I need. You'll need the "vyper" test application for your Vytec DS.
Hi'
I have now followed the instructions and forwarded the files vyper.txt and vyper.dmp

Looking forward hearing from you.

rgds,
Claus
ClausC

Post by ClausC »

Dear Diving Log team and not least Jef
Your support is second to none - thank you :D
After supplying a number of logs and dmp files to Jef, he even prepared a special build to download error logs from my Vytec, which I did.
I decided to take the offending Vytec diving yesterday (with a Vyper as a backup). The dive went fine and the Vytec did not show any stange behavior.
Afterwards I tried again to download the dives from the Vytec and everything went perfect, so it seems the database in the computer "repaired" the offending dive, where the computer kept flashing because of low battery.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please thank Jef for his great library, he is doing all the hard work to make the direct downloads working. Without him, it wouldn't be possible :)