Coordinates disappear if I save divespot

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
wheijdem

Coordinates disappear if I save divespot

Post by wheijdem »

Let me start by saying that this program really rocks! In fact it was so good that I felt obliged to buy it :angelic:

But I have a small problem. If I create a new divesite and I enter the coordinates and I save them, the last entered coordinate simply disappear. I can work around this by clicking another tab, then the coordinates are saved correctly?!?

An item for the wishlist: can I assign dives to a trip? I like the new option to create trips and diveshops but I would like to assign the dives I've made during this trip and with that diveshop.
Another nice feature would be a piechart to show the number of dives per country?

Keep up the good work

Willem
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Coordinates disappear if I save divespot

Post by divinglog »

Hi Willem

Thank you very much, I don't know what to say :oops: :)

Regarding the coordinate issue: This should normally not happen anymore in the current version 5.0.3. The coordinate validation happens when you leave the coordinate text box. When the save function is clicked before the validation happend, the coordinates would not be saved. Which coordinate input format are you using, can you make a screenshot of the dive site dialog? To avoid that, it should be enough to click into another textbox. I've tried to reproduce that problem, but without success.

You can assign a dive to a trip and dive center or shop using using another logbook layout like described in this blog post: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=736

Thank you for the suggestion for the country pie chart!

Kind regards,
Sven