Adding new tank sizes

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
matthewbooth

Adding new tank sizes

Post by matthewbooth »

Is there any way to add new tanks to the program? My rebreather uses faber high pressure steel tanks. The small tanks are 15 cuf at a working pressure of 3442. The large tanks are 23 cuf at a working pressure of 3442.

Thanks.
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Adding new tank sizes

Post by divinglog »

Hi Matthew

You can enter any tank size in the field, you don't need to pick one from the list. But I'll add new tank sizes for rebreathers in the next update. What are the common rebreather tank sizes in cuft?

Thank you,
Sven
matthewbooth

Post by matthewbooth »

what are the common rebreather tank sizes in cuft?
Sven,

Thanks for the information. APD sells CCR's with 2 liter tanks and 3 liter tanks. The 2 liter tanks are Faber steel tanks rated at 15 cuft at 3442 psi. The 3 liter tanks are Faber steel tanks rated at 23 cuft at 3442.
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, I've added them to the dropdown list.
matthewbooth

Post by matthewbooth »

Thanks!
Matthew
ferret

Post by ferret »

Hi,

I'm playing with the trial version and I have some observations about the tanks etc. First, in technical diving most folks use imperial size stage tanks, i.e. 40 or 80 cuft. I have set the Diving Log units to metric so I have no choice of imperial sizes in the dropdown menu. I can approximate the size in liters but 40 cuft is 5.5 liter and 80 cuft is 11.1 liter. I know I can set any size I want besides on what's available in the dropdown but I can not set decimals. Without decimals the SAC calculations are inaccurate. The same applies to the doubles, I for example use 2 x 8.5 liter doubles. I can only set either 2x8 or 1x17 which is not ideal.

I think the best would be to define some metadata and use that for the dropdown instead of the real sizes of the tanks. In addition there should be a dialog to define new tank(s) where I can set the metadata name, size, working pressure etc.

Cheers,
Mike
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

You could try changing just the tank size (cuft) unit and leave the rest metric. I can't think of anything else that would use volume units...
Andrew Forget
PADI IDC Staff Instructor 212158
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

Not being able to set decimal values for the cylinder size is a bug that Sven said he'll fix in the next update. Older versions supported this but somewhere along the line it became an integer only field. All of my 10.5 litre values got changed to 10, 12.2 to 12 etc.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
ferret

Post by ferret »

Changing volume to cuft is not what I need. I need to be able to mix both, metric and imperial tanks. My main tanks are metric and stages imperial.

It's good news about the decimal fix coming!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You have to use either metric or imperial tank sizes, you cannot mix the units per tank or dive, sorry. Please note that you have to enter the units you setup, otherwise it won't work. Internally everything is stored in metric units.