Scubase import

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
matthewbooth

Scubase import

Post by matthewbooth »

Hello,

I've used Scubase as my dive log software for years. Unfortunately, it has a couple of disadvantages such as not having an iPad/iPhone application. I'm currently using the latest Scubas version (4.15).

I just purchased Dive Log and I would like to import all of my dives (around 2000) into Dive Log 5.0. I've managed to do a first attempt at this, but my imported dives seem to be missing depth and time for all dives. Is this a known problem? And if so, then is there a work around?

On a different note, kudos for adding in technical diving in the upcoming version 5.0.3.
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Scubase import

Post by divinglog »

Hi Matthew

How big is your Scubase logbook file, can you send it to me via Email? Normally dive time and max. depth should be imported.

Kind regards,
Sven
matthewbooth

Post by matthewbooth »

How big is your Scubase logbook file, can you send it to me via Email? Normally dive time and max. depth should be imported.
Sven,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

My Scubase file is 26 Mbytes so its a little big to send by email. However, I can put it onto SugarSync or Sharefile and email you a link to download the SQL files. Its a little on the ugly side as I've got 2 divers with around 4000 dives plus a decent amount of customization to handle CCR's and Technical Diving in general. So I'm not sure what may be causing the problem.

One thing that I have done is to renumber the dives for each diver. One diver goes from 1 to 2000 basically, and my dives start at 3001. So I've tired importing for my dives starting at 3001. I have all of the dives with a date, but no dive and depth. I've also got some profile information, but it doesn't look like I have all of the information.

If you send me your email address, then I'll send you a link to the data files.

Thanks for your help.
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Matthew

My email is info (at) divinglog.de. The problem with importing Scubase files is, that the database can be customized almost completely in Scubase, so it's difficult to write an import. But I'll have a look at the file.

Sven
matthewbooth

Post by matthewbooth »

Yeah I'm aware of the customization problem with Scubase. I held off on doing it for a long time, but I wanted to start keeping better track of my technical and CCR dives. I've sent you an email through SugarSync that will give you a link to download the files. I would like to export as much of the basic dive information out of Scubase for both divers. Any help you can give will be most appreciated.
Matthew