Nitrox Detection

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Cweord

Nitrox Detection

Post by Cweord »

I have just started using the software, with it being just what I have been looking for for a while.

One issue is currently being dealt with (multiple tanks) one other I have noticed, all the dives I imported (I haven't downloaded from my computer yet) lost all their Nitrox data, and there isn't an obvious field for gas mix.

Is this me being an idiot, is it just because I imported the suunto database, and if not are their any plans to implement this (it's not a lot, but when you do 3 dives a day most days, it's a pain having to go check what mix you used for each dive)
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Nitrox Detection

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The current beta version, which could be downloaded from the blog, has support for multiple tanks and gas mixture support. There is now a new text field to enter the O2 mixture (if it's not imported). It is possible that the SDM import still requires some improvement for these new features.

Cweord

Post by Cweord »

There is nothing quite like software that fixes issues before you ask for it - Thanks again for great software, I will be recommending it to all my friends.
Cweord

Post by Cweord »

I like the new format, works well, but I did notice that there is a double tank option in the table form, that is not available in the main layout view - it would be handy to be able to have it there when using twin sets (a lot of the divers I know are not the most computer literate people, and I am hoping to make a layout I can share with them).

Another idea, when I go in to table mode to enter text (if I have to handle lots of dives at once) it does not cross check with the stored data, so if I want it to link to details I have to do it dive by dive. Having it check if you have that location / buddy / country etc on file would be a great help.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The double tank option is also available in the main form, at least for the first tank (it is not visible in the old screenshot above), but in the latest beta the double tank switch is right beside the tank size field (it is linked to it). You can also link many dives at once in the table editor my selecting all cells (e.g. all PlaceID cells) and then entering the ID value. You can see how to edit several dives at once in this blog post: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=142

Kind regards,
Sven
Cweord

Post by Cweord »

I've been doing a little playing using a Suunto Stinger

The universal downloader gets the tempriture profile but nothing on O2 and no alerts from the computer
The suunto downloader has O2 in the gas mix dialogue (not the O2 box) but no temp profile or alerts from the computer
The Suunto Dive Manager Import seems to be fine now.

All tested on 5.03 release
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, not all data is currently imported through the universal downloader. We try to expand this in future, but due to the nature of a unified downloader for all devices, very device specific data won't be possible. But something like gas mixture should be possible.