trip and dive centre in table view

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Rockfish

trip and dive centre in table view

Post by Rockfish »

Hi

I have installed release 5.0.3 beta 4. I quite like the new features under the additional tab "Trip" and "dive centre"

Is there a way to edit these fields in the table view, as it is going to take quite some time to inter 250 odd dives in the log book view. :?:

regards
Wilhelm
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: trip and dive centre in table view

Post by divinglog »

Hi Wilhelm

You can edit the trip and dive center table in the table view in beta 4, just select the type of data (trip or shop) from the dropdown in the toolbar.

To apply quickly trip and dive center to all of your dives, you can do this also in the table view. In the logbook table you must fill in the ShopID and TripID at the very end of the logbook table for each dive. You can do this quickly by selecting all the same cells and then enter the ID like described in this blog post.

To find out the correct ID you can assing a trip and dive center for one dive in the logbook window and then you can see the correct ID's in the table view. Or you can look at the trip and shop table first to see all ID's (maybe copy them to Excel or a text file so you don't have to switch back and forth).

Kind regards,
Sven
Rockfish

Re: trip and dive centre in table view

Post by Rockfish »

Hi Sven,

thanks, I could not find it because I was not in Edit mode :-)

W