Further Development of Beta Features

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ianr

Further Development of Beta Features

Post by ianr »

Hi Sven,

Good work on all of the new features lately. Can I ask whether the following items can be considered for future development of these features?

1) Inactive kit - Once set as inactive, can this kit no longer be visible as a choice within the logbook? That way it cuts down the extensive listing currently there but historical kit use would still be visibile for earlier dives. Either that or sort inactive kit to the end of the list so that I can ignore it.

2) Trip function - Can the buddy selection within this trip be used to restrict the options for selecting buddies within a dive on that trip?

3) Double tank icon - Where is this in the table view so that I can go back and change the icon across multiple previous dives?

There are probably other tweaks i'd like but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Ian
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Further Development of Beta Features

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ian

Thank you for the suggestions!
ianr wrote:1) Inactive kit - Once set as inactive, can this kit no longer be visible as a choice within the logbook? That way it cuts down the extensive listing currently there but historical kit use would still be visibile for earlier dives. Either that or sort inactive kit to the end of the list so that I can ignore it.
Yes, that was basically the idea behind the inactive flag. I think displaying them in groups would be a nice solution:
Equipment.png
Equipment.png (6.2 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
ianr wrote:2) Trip function - Can the buddy selection within this trip be used to restrict the options for selecting buddies within a dive on that trip?
It should be possible, but of course you would have to select the trip before selecting the buddies for that dive.
ianr wrote:3) Double tank icon - Where is this in the table view so that I can go back and change the icon across multiple previous dives?
In edit mode it's the 6th column from the right side called "DblTank", it's a checkbox.

Thank you,
Sven