Suggestion: Equipment Active or Inactive

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
lloyd_borrett

Suggestion: Equipment Active or Inactive

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

Okay, so in my nearly 5 years of diving, I accumulated quite a lot of diving equipment.

But I've also 'retired' quite a bit of equipment as well. Either it's broken, lost, or simply no longer used.

It would be great if there was a way to tell Diving Log which items of equipment were no longer in use. Then when I go to select the equipment used on a dive, the program could just show me the active equipment, thus making the selection list a lot simpler.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Equipment Active or Inactive

Post by divinglog »

Hi Lloyd

Yes, this was already suggested and is on my list.

Kind regards,
Sven
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

Thanks Sven.

Another suggestion:
I'd love to be able to create "groups" of diving gear. For example, a group for my "Double Cylinders", being the two 12.2 litre cylinders, the manafold, the valves, the bands etc. Or "Twin regs", being the regs, each of the the hoses, gauges etc.
Rapier

Post by Rapier »

I also like the idea of being able to group gear. The Software which came with my TUSA Zen (IQ-900) dive computer has a "gear bag" feature which allows the user to save a named profile of gear set-ups.

I am a new user and I am still playing with things, but I think I might be able to set something similar up using templates, but it would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks.
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Sven,

Thought of another way to simplify the equipment selection list and that is to only show equipment in the list that was available on the date of the dive.

For example, I sometimes find myself in "catch up" mode and getting my dive log up to date. Thus I could be entering the equipment details for a dive some time ago, or editing the details of an old dive. In such cases it would be nice if the equipment list only showed equipment for selection that was around when the dive was made.

That is, the equipment selection list could be built by looking at the date of the dive and only showing equipment for which the purchase date was on or before the dive date.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Lloyd

Thank you for the suggestion, sounds like a good filter method. I'll think about how to integrate that.

Best regards,
Sven