Gas Switch

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
PeterO

Gas Switch

Post by PeterO »

I have noticed that Profile does not show gas switch during the dive. I dive with Suunto Vytec and use up to three mixes during deep dives. Any plans to support that functionality?
Regards,
Peter
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Gas Switch

Post by divinglog »

Hi Peter

Yes, this is planned.

Kind regards,
Sven
otarva

Post by otarva »

Hi!

It would be really good to have the program read gas switches directly from the computer and also allow setting the consumptions separately for each gas. That way it would be a lot easier to track bottom vs. deco consumptions for future planning. I'm using OSTC Mk.2.

Cheers, Otto
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Is there any progress on implementation of this feature ? I am also using OSTC Mk2, and gas switches are the main missing thing for me. Please, have a go with this one, it is really needed.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, I know it's one of the most requested features at the moment. Thank you for your patience, I know it's long overdue!
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

There is also another small glitch in the current version. I believe that 5.01 does not recognize gas used for a dive when downloading data from OSTC Mk2. I have just completed a series a nitrox dives during liveaboard, and it does not get reflected by software when profiles are downloaded. It would really be great, if dives could be marked as AIR,NX,TMX or MIXED depending on gases used, in addition to marking clearly gas switches when diving with many cylinders/mixes.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm currently working on the new database features and I'll add also a simple dropdown menu to select between Air, Nitrox and Trimix, which can also be displayed then in a nice statistics chart.

Kind regards,
Sven
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Why not reading it directly from the unit ? I am sure You can get information about active gas from any unit. And if diving many mixes ... it would be really nice to display clearly gas switching points on the dive profile altogether with gas mix information. Setting it up manually by dropdown or other UI element is a bit of a hassle, especially if You download Your dives in a bulk every now and then (I am doing it ca every 30 dives, when recharging my battery)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, it's the way it will be. The dropdown field was just an idea as additional field to display a nice pie chart about Air, Nitrox and Trimix dives. But we are not yet sure if it makes sense, because it is redundant data. But without that, creating a chart is much more difficult.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

I am really looking forward to that moment - do You have any idea when would this functionality become available ?
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

divinglog wrote: But without that, creating a chart is much more difficult.
And one more thing - chart ... having a choice between statistical chart, and gas switch indicators on the dive profile, I am really interested in the latter one. Chart is just ... a nice to have, but gas switches are really important.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Hi there,

any news about including different gases, and gas switching points in the dive profile ?

Merry Xmas.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm sorry, no news yet. I was working hard on the additional downloaders, which was feature request No 1, and the Windows Phone 7 version. The database update requires also some changes in the iPhone Dive Log, so this has to be done carefully.
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Well, I understand that other tasks need to be taken care of. I just hope this feature will make its way into Your software. Hopefully before next Xmas :twisted:
FranzXR

Post by FranzXR »

Hi,

I usually take up to 6 different gas mixes on my deepest dives and I would like to get the gas switch information into the Diving Profile information. Having Statistics about gas mixes is usually absolutly unnecessary for me.

Regards
Franz