Lost Data - Update to DL5

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Scorpio_Sting

Lost Data - Update to DL5

Post by Scorpio_Sting »

Hi Sven,

I have fixed the earlier problem with the error I emailed you. However I have the DL5 open and working, but I now lost all data or it is (probably hidden) in .mdb file. Its showing the size of the fill being 456k, but nil entries. WTF ?.

I did view this database prior to restarting my machine and all entries were there even viewing in diving log viewer and in DL4 prior to updating, and now nothing. Is there a fix for this ? as i don't want to have to re-enter all my data back in again. Last time I did that it took 4 weeks which i don't have time for.

I am running Vista on my machine.

Cheers

Tony :?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Lost Data - Update to DL5

Post by divinglog »

Hi Tony

I'm sure the data is not gone. So what you might probably see is just an empty new default logbook file. Where do you have stored your logbook file, have you tried to open it with File > Open Logbook? Is it visible in the Diving Log Viewer? 456 KB is the size of an empty new logbook file with no entries, so you probably have not opened your own logbook file.

Kind regards,
Sven
terrylowe

Re: Lost Data - Update to DL5

Post by terrylowe »

Hi Tony,

It's on your computer somewhere. When I had installed a beta version of 5, I had to look in my 4.0 folder for my logbook and load it. To be honest, I don't know if loading the newer full version of 5 moves your old logs to the new program folder or not. If you do not remember the name of your log, try to search for "*.mdb" and see if you can find where your old log is that way.

When you get it, upload your log with Diving Log 5 to the free site at dilogs.com. If you crash your system...like I seem to do monthly.....you can download the data from the site back to your local drive.

Great diving!

Terry