DL5.0 Printing to PDF2

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
dervish00

DL5.0 Printing to PDF2

Post by dervish00 »

I found the problem with PDF export too. My comments for dive are on russian. If I have long comments and export record to pdf, comments cutting and cut part draw near the profile. If I write comments on English the same length or more length they export to pdf ok. Example of pdf in attach.
oleg-test1.pdf
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: DL5.0 Printing to PDF

Post by divinglog »

dervish00 wrote:I found the problem with PDF export too. My comments for dive are on russian. If I have long comments and export record to pdf, comments cutting and cut part draw near the profile. If I write comments on English the same length or more length they export to pdf ok. Example of pdf in attach.
oleg-test1.pdf
I think this is a different problem than the crash in the print engine. Does this problem happen also when printing (or print preview), or only with export to PDF?

Sven
dervish00

Re: DL5.0 Printing to PDF

Post by dervish00 »

divinglog wrote:I think this is a different problem than the crash in the print engine. Does this problem happen also when printing (or print preview), or only with export to PDF?

Sven
I think that it is another problem too. This problem happen also when printing and print preview. Small difference with export to PDF is absence cut part in log profile area.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: DL5.0 Printing to PDF2

Post by divinglog »

I've splitted this problem from the other thread to avoid confusion. I'm not sure if this can be fixed by me, because it seems this is likely a problem of the print engine itself and this problem should be already present in version 4.0, or? You can try to replace in the designer the LogCommentsTXT field with the LogCommentsRTF field to see if it makes any difference. If not you can send me a logbook file with problematic comments so I can try it myself.
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

Version 4 - the same trouble
LogCommentsRTF - is unreadable (((
I will send you my logbook. You can see dives 74 and 75 (74 - russian comments, 75 english transcription of comments dive 74)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I was right, replacing the LogCommentsTXT variable in the report designer with LogCommentsRTF seems to work fine. I've attached the new report file, use this one instead of the other one for printing or PDF export.

Kind regards,
Sven
Attachments
Logbook.zip
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

It works fine! Thanks, Sven!

My mistake in use LogCommentsRTF was that I try to use control "Text" instead "Formatted text" :oops:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I've made the same mistake first :wink:

Btw, if you want to help to finish the Russian translation of Diving Log 5.0, please let me know. It's not much text, most of the things are already done.
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

Yes, of course. I'm ready help you translate to russian.