DL and Apple Mac

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Jo

DL and Apple Mac

Post by Jo »

Hi all, I've been using DL for a good few years, and love it, but I recently bought a Mac.

It's become my main computer, and I don't really have a Windows PC to use anymore. Is there a Mac version of DL in development, or will it run under Parallels? (I don't own Parallels yet so can't test myself.)

Anyone else in this situation? I've used DL on iPhone and to be honest, the iPhone was my push to finally get a Mac - so I may not be the only person converting.

Thanks,
Jo
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: DL and Apple Mac

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jo

There is unfortunately no Mac version (and won't be in the near future due to technical reasons), but Diving Log runs fine in Parallels or VMware Fusion (also with iPhone). To sync your iPhone in Windows on your Mac you don't need to install iTunes in Windows (because this could be a problem when you sync your other iPhone data with iTunes on the Mac), you only have to install Bonjour for Windows. Greg (developer of the iPhone Dive Log) runs Diving Log only in VMware Fusion on a Mac.

Kind regards,
Sven
Jo

Post by Jo »

Hi Sven,

That's really helpful, especially about the bonjour service - thanks very much.

Jo
TomMelvin

Post by TomMelvin »

DL runs great under VMware fusion on Mac's - sync'ing to iPod touch is really cool.