Liquivision import

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
djcheburashka

Liquivision import

Post by djcheburashka »

Earlier in the forum you said that you were going to fix some of the bugs in the liquivision importer (ascent rate, not importing deco information, incorrect gas information, etc.) in connection with the 5.0 upgrade. Is that still your plan? One additional bug is that if you import in imperial, the liquivision log has the first and last entries show the temperature to be freezing (32 F, 0 C). The right behavior for the importer, I think, should just be to discard those temperature entries, or set them to the average temperature, or something, so the profile view isn't distorted.

I understand that the gas information import and so forth have to wait until deeper changes are made in 5.0, but surely the bugs (ascent rate, deco info, temperature) can be fixed?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Liquivision import

Post by divinglog »

Yes, of course this is still the plan. Please send me one of the liquivision csv export files, which contain zero temperature values, so I can fix this in the import.

Kind regards,
Sven
djcheburashka

Post by djcheburashka »

I sent, to the info@divinglogs.de address. Please keep in mind there are several things here to fix in addition to the temperature.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for the files! I'll fix with the next update the import of the Imperial csv files and skip the 32 degree Fahrenheit values (I've only checked against zero, but this works of course only for Celsius). All other things you've mentioned have nothing to do with the import, so at the moment I unfortunately can't change anything else.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I've updated the Diving Log 5.0 beta version. In this update the liquivision import ignores 32 degree Fahrenheit values and I've also updated the way the ascend rate is calculated, so it should output a more realistic profile. Read more in this blog post. Let me know what you think.
djcheburashka

Post by djcheburashka »

The ascent rate calc is definitely improved, but I think it may be a bit too coarse now. (I'm very happy that it no longer think I hit 90'/min ascent rates while holding a deco stop!) I think you might want to try half way between the current and former calculation method. You might also see if there's a way to smooth out the curve.

I haven't been able to try out the temperature import. Re-importing a dive does not replace the profile, and the season is now over here :( Is there a way to force it to replace the profile?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You must delete the old profile in the profile ribbon tab. Then you can import the dive again using the update method in the import wizward.
djcheburashka

Post by djcheburashka »

Yeah, but then you run into the problem that sometimes the importer likes to reverse the order of the dives... In all seriousness, since the log files have dates and times, and so do the dive entries in the logbook, it really should be smart enough to match them up on its own...

Anyway I replaced a few manually by importing them as new dives and then copying and pasting the profiles, and yes the temperature looks a lot better now!