Is it possible?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
John

Is it possible?

Post by John »

Wow what a great program... I have been using it and the iphone version for about 12 months now and find them both very usefull tools. Thankyou

Ive done a bit of reading on the forum but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Under the City/Island details there is a drop down menu for Type... Am I able to add to this menu? I would like to add a few entries to this menu ( Day trip, and Live aboard).

I appoligize in advance if this is something simple that I have ovelooked.

John
Australia
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible?

Post by divinglog »

Hi John

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm sorry, this menu is currently hard coded into the program. Maybe we can start to collect some additional items which I can add to this menu.

Kind regards,
Sven
John

Post by John »

No problem Sven and thankyou for you quick responce. Should you make some changes in the future could you please add the options I mentioned? Thanks again and I look forward to the release of Diving Log 5.

Cheers
John
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi John

The existing option "Safari Boat" is actually a translation error and should mean already Live aboard, I'm sorry about this! I'll fix the translation with the next beta 5.0, so you could use this option for Live aboard and it will then display correct in the next 5.0 beta. In German we say "Safari Boot" or "Tauchsafari" for Live aboard and I translated it incorrectly.

Cheers,
Sven
TomMelvin

Post by TomMelvin »

divinglog wrote: Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm sorry, this menu is currently hard coded into the program. Maybe we can start to collect some additional items which I can add to this menu.

Can I vote for some form of 'Area' or 'Region' - take Sharm as an example, Ras Mohamed as an area is in country Egypt and lots of dive sites in Ras Mohamed - it's not an island, city, liveaboard etc.

Or 'reef' - some of the reef's are large and have different dive sites on them.

Tom
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Tom

Thank you, that's an good idea!

Sven