Custom sort/statistic

matthewbooth

Custom sort/statistic

Post by matthewbooth »

Is there any way to create a custom sort/statistic. I'm interested in tracking total time and dives for CCR and OC dives (and just for grins I've got a couple of SCR dives as well). I'm really new to this program so I don't know to create a custom statistic (if its possible).

Thanks.
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Custom sort/statistic

Post by divinglog »

Hi Matthew

This is currently unfortunately not yet possible. You can use the Diving Log Viewer to create some custom statistics, but the new columns like CCR are not yet implemented there.

Kind regards,
Sven
matthewbooth

Post by matthewbooth »

Ah. I see that I'm getting ahead of the implementation in some of my questions.

Now that I'm can use Access (as opposed to SQL, many thanks again) to look at the database, I can see where the data is kept. So I guess my question is where in the database are you keep the OC/SCR/CCR information? Right now it looks like that information is not kept in the Logbook table.

I'm trying to think of a work around so that I can track this information in the database until (or if) you get it implemented. What do you think of me using the Divetype field for this in the interim?
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The CCR information is stored in the SupplyType field in the logbook table (Tank 1) and in the tank table for each further tank (2 - 10):

0 = OC
1 = SCR
2 = CCR

It can be set in the tank window:

matthewbooth

Post by matthewbooth »

Sven,

I see it now, and understand how the data is being used.

I do have a feature request if you don't have it already. I would like to see the OC/SCR/CCR information (the SupplyType field) for tank 1 also appear on the logbook page in the Extended Layout 2. This would make it real easy to see what type of dive this is or starts off as.

Many thanks for the information.
Matthew
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can identify the type with the little icon beside the tank size field. In OC dives, it is either a single or double tank (you can click it), on CCR it is a rebreater - at least that's what I tried to make it look like :lol: