Dive location

Balanus

Dive location

Post by Balanus »

Hi
Just bought Diving Log and have enjoyed configuring the log book to suit my diving. I really love the way the software handles photographs

Only issue for me is that there are no fields for Place and Dive site. City/Island isn't quite what I want

So if I was diving in Egypt I might do two dives in Ras Mohammed national park which I'd like to enter for the place and Yolanda reef for one dive and Jackfish Alley as the second dive.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Dive location

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you very much! Diving Log has 3 fields for location data: Country, City / Island, and Dive Site. The "City / Island" fields is meant for a region, a city, an island or maybe the name of a boat if you are going for a liveaboard. So it is only an issue of the label, but I can't write everything into the label of this field. In your case I would fill the 3 fields like this:

City / Island: Ras Mohammed
Dive Site: Yolanda reef

When I go for a liveaboard trip, I enter:

City / Island: Name of the boat
Dive Site: Yolanda reef

I think 3 levels of location are enough and this is only an issue how the 2nd field is labeled. Maybe I rename the label to "City / Island / Region" or something like this.

Kind regards,
Sven
Sonicat

Post by Sonicat »

Hi
Bought Dive Log yesterday and find it to be quite good, but missing a few things.

Like the above post I would love to choose Region or Location as the choices under City/Island becomes just don't fit what I need.

Hope you can add it to the next version.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Diving Log has a 3 level location hierarchy and you can use the 3 fields for whatever data you want. Please don't take the label above not too seriously (maybe I should add a function to customized the text). It's called "City / Island", but it's just the 2nd level. I cannot write all possible options, because there is not enough space. But you can enter here a region or whatever you want.

Kind regards,
Sven