temp and warnings missing from Suunto

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
aquaaddict

temp and warnings missing from Suunto

Post by aquaaddict »

Hi,

Just looking at switching to Diving Log from Sunnto Dive Manager, all looks good except the profile data downloaded from my dive computer (Suunto Mosquito) is missing the water temp data, and the info flags that were generated by the computer during the dive such as 'Slow - ascent to fast', or 'surface'.

I have just also tried the beta version of the Suunto plugin but that seems the same.

Is there anyway to get this info downloaded from the computer, or is this feature likley to be added soon?

Many thanks,

Anthony
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: temp and warnings missing from Suunto

Post by divinglog »

Hi Anthony

The water temperature graph should be imported if it is provided by the dive computer, but I'm not sure if the Mosquito is continuously recording the temperature. Make sure you have switched to the temperature graph (the dropdown button on the right side of the toolbar above the profile). If you want you can send me the SuuntoXML.xml file you find in the Windows documents folder (subfolder "Diving Log"). Then I can take a look at the data and try the import myself.

Diving Log displays slow warnings below the profile in the warning graph and the profile line color is red at this positions. The surface flag is not imported into Diving Log, because there is no way to store this information yet. In profile bookmarks like in the Suunto Dive Manager are currently not yet supported, but they will be in future.

Best regards,
Sven
aquaaddict

Post by aquaaddict »

Thanks for the clarification of those points.

Sorry I was not clear about the temp, the Mosquito does indeed not log / graph the temp all the way thru the dive, but it does record the temp at water entry, deepest depth, and exit of the water, none of which get imported when I download direct from the computer into DL4.

However if I download from the computer into Suunto Dive Manager, then import the Dive Manager data file into DL4; after some testing I have found that the 'enter water' temp value goes into the 'water temp', and the 'deepest depth' temp value gets put into air temp, and 'exit water' temp value gets lost.

I would be happy to test any future versions, or provide dumps etc with my dive computer if that helps at all in future.

Thanks,

Anthony
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Anthony

Normally I import the entry temperature as air temperature and the deepest depth temperature as water temperature in Diving Log. The exit temperature is not imported. Can you send me the SuuntoXML.xml file, I'll take a look at it, normally I should import also the temperature in the direct download. Are you sure that the Suunto Dive Manager import imports the both temperatures the other way around?

Best regards,
Sven
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

I see the same thing when importing dives into DL (also Suunto Mosquito), the water temp stays empty and I look into the xml file to find the water temp and enter it myself.

Don't have the xml file available at the moment, but if needed I can sent it.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Okay, this is defenitely a bug. It would be great if you can provide me the SuuntoXML.xml file.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

James Connell

Post by James Connell »

I took a look at the XML file, I see errors in the data - but I believe these are in the DC itself and not from the Downloader.

Why?? Look at the next dives -
The "tstamp" for the first dive is wrong, but all the other dives are correct.
The "repetition group" ID tag is zero, those start at '1' as in all the other repgroups.
The start temp is 255 but is correct in all other dives.
The sample interval is 255, but is also correct in all the other dives.
I can't say about the profile but that just looks plain Wrong!

It looks like the computer has gotten "lost" and is offering bad data as a dive.
This happens sometimes on the Vyper style computers. That dive is gone for good, the DC recorded garbage.
The Downloader just asks a Vyper type (that includes the mosquito) to format a dive for download,
It then reads whatever data is offered by the DC and tries to format it according to what is supposed to be sent.
It becomes a classic case of "Garbage In Garbage Out".

If this happens again on the next dive you have a couple of options - you can get a different computer, or you can restore that ones memory to factory new spec, If it still fails to record properly you need a new one .
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

I'm not sure if this first dive is caused by an error downloading. Since when I downloaded these dives I had to retry a couple of times.

I will try agian and check if this strange dive is still in there.
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

well? what did you find?
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Have to get my work laptop with windows.... Since my macbook pro doesn't have a serial interface. For the weekends I take my windows laptop home.

So will get back on it.
TnT

Post by TnT »

Can you send me a memory dump of your dive computer? If there is really garbage inside the internal memory, I would like to have a look at that. The procedure is explained in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=743
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

TnT wrote:Can you send me a memory dump of your dive computer? If there is really garbage inside the internal memory, I would like to have a look at that.
I would like a copy too. I have never been able to get a dump of an effected computer. I believe the problem is a loss of the EndOfDives marker, in which case it should be possible to rebuild things. And instead of that complex procedure how about this?
http://liquidimagephoto.com/SuuntoTools/MemComp.zip
Just save the "SnapShot" as a *.bin file, and send it please.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
jsphoto

Post by jsphoto »

I'm also not getting the temperature data using Suunto 3.0.1.25
It's not loading the temp into the dive log entry, but it appears in the xml file.
What can I do to help?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please send me the SuuntoXML.xml file to info (at) divinglog.de
Thank you,
Sven