Need testers for dive computer downloader

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
MRXRAY

Re: Need testers for dive computer downloader

Post by MRXRAY »

I can't send the memory dump for the ICon HD as even zipped it is over 3MB, and this forum won't take anything that big.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can send it Jef directly to jefdriesen (at) hotmail (dot) com
TnT

Post by TnT »

@MRXRAY

Thanks for the portmon logfiles. I'll have a look at them and see if I can decode the new protocol of the Icon HD. For the Nemo Air, I don't need portmon logfiles (because i already know the protocol), only the memory dump and the logfile that are generated by my test application. I think you have confused the two.

And as Sven said, it's easier to send me the files by email.
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

I have sent the Icon HD file saved from the application via E-Mail, but I can't run universal for the Icon HD as it seems it won't work with any of the formats. What else can I help with? I had already sent the memory dump for the Mares Nemo Air in a previous post. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

Any updates? Is this going to be integrated into DL 5.0?
TnT

Post by TnT »

I have most of the transfer protocol and memory layout reverse engineered. There is only one major piece of information missing, and that's how to locate the dives in the memory dump. I can already do it manually for the data I have, but the method I'm using is very likely to break for other data. Once I have figured that out too, it's ready for use.

You can always help with contributing memory dumps. The "iconhd" test application can be found here: http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/builds/

Sven told me that an improved downloader for all libdivecomputer supported devices is planned. But for more details, you'll have to ask Sven.
TnT

Post by TnT »

BTW, I can also use some more data from Seiko based devices (Cressi, Zeagle, DiveRite, Apeks, Tusa). If you have one of these devices and would like to help, contact me. You can find my email address on the libdivecomputer website. The testing procedure for Seiko devices is more complicated compared to other devices because of driver issues, especially on Windows (Linux and Mac OS X are more easy because there is no conflict with the original Seiko driver).
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, I will add new downloaders in the near future, but unfortunately I cannot tell currently a specific time frame.
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

Sorry, I hadn't checked back in a while. I used the ICONHD program to capture these two files. I'm not sure that it's valid data but hopefully helps you. All I get when I run the capture is the handshake, I don't capture any logged data. Do you still need a Portmon or should I just be trying to capture the logs?

Here are the two files I captured....
Attachments
ICONHD.zip
(199.6 KiB) Downloaded 1456 times
TnT

Post by TnT »

I didn't make much progress on the iconhd since september. To find the missing info, I would need a dump from an iconhd with really many dives (like a few hundred). The iconhd is a relative new device, so it might be hard to find anyone with enough dives. The fact that it has a large amount of memory (about 1M it seems) doesn't help either. Anyway, I have updated the libdivecomputer library to make the iconhd backend more functional. It's likely to break at some time (with many dives), but it works for now and that's better then nothing :-)
TnT

Post by TnT »

If anyone is interested, I have created a small graphical application for downloading and visualizing the dive profiles. It's mainly intended for internal testing by myself (so you'll notice it's a quick job), but you can also use it to verify whether there are errors in the decoding of the profile data. Just compare the graphs with those of the manufacturers application and let me know if you spot any errors.

To use it, you'll have to download the gtk runtime first, and extract the zip file somewhere. Then download the downloader zip file, and extract its contents into the bin directory of the gtk runtime. Now you can double click the downloader.exe to start it. Just fill in the portname, choose the correct backend and click OK. The rest should be self explanatory.
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

I have about 70 dives on the ICONHD, I think I have sent that info. Do you need more from me?
TnT

Post by TnT »

I got your data and everything looks good, so there is no need to do more at the moment.
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

Are we going to see this application added to DiveLog 5.0? If so when?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It is already used by Diving Log, but not yet for all supported dive computers. I will add more dive computers next year after I've added the features for technical diving.