Diving Log version in phpDivingLog

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
lloyd_borrett

Diving Log version in phpDivingLog

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

In phpDivingLog 1.9, the version of Diving Log is displayed on the Dive Statistics page. (I notice that this seems to be missing from Rob's latest version.)

However, today when updating my logbook for the first time in a while, I noticed that when I updated the MySQL dump file to my database, phpDivingLog 1.9 was telling me that I was using Diving Log version 4.0.0.5. I'm actually using version 4.0.10.

phpDivingLog 1.9 gets this information from the DBVersion value in the DBInfo table. It seems the MySQL Dump process isn't correctly writing out this value, or that the value hasn't been updated in Diving Log.

Or maybe this value is some Dving Log database version number that Sven is using, rather than the version of Diving Log itself. If so, then it would be nice if the Diving Log version number could be also exported somewhere so that phpDivingLog could show it.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Lloyd

You're right, the version from the DBVersion field is actually the database version, the program version is currently not exported. But I can add a field to the DBInfo table which contains the program version.

Sven
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

That would be great Sven.