phpDivinglog 2.2 development

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
Inferno

phpDivinglog 2.2 development

Post by Inferno »

Hello all,

I'm currently working on the new version of phpDivinglog which contains a lot of new features:
  • Image gallery
    - Resizing your pictures
    New highslide for image display
    Working integration with wordpress
    Image preview
Please have a look on the test version:
http://rob.lensen.nu/divelog_new3/

Tell me your comments

Todo:
  • Test all these new features on a multiuser setup
    test test test...
If you want to test your self, check out trunk via svn
Last edited by Inferno on Tue Apr 22, 2008 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
ScubaPete

Hello & Thanks!

Post by ScubaPete »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hello. I am new to the board and just posted Tissue Algorithm and Graphing Revisited, but wanted to say hi on this thread regarding phpdivinglog as I am so impressed with it. Thanks to all who have worked on this, it is really great. I was so happy to find Diving Log 4.0 and then phpdivinglog to go with it - I wasted no time in dumping a test table and getting it up on my site with phpdivinglog.

Great job to all who have contributed to phpdivinglog!

I will be using it more and will comment on it more. I am happy to contribute as I can. I'll see about the subversion project and contributing to it. If nothing else I can contribute by testing and offering documentation, etc. I'd like to see about an installer to make it easier for people - though its pretty dang easy already. And I'm pretty interested in the wordpress plugin - that would be tight.

Anyway - that's the hello!

Cheers,

Scuba Pete
Johnyboy

Re: phpDivinglog 2.2 development

Post by Johnyboy »

Inferno wrote:Hello all,

I'm currently working on the new version of phpDivinglog which contains a lot of new features:

Tell me your comments

Hi Rob, looks nice. Specialy the gallery.
looking forward for the integration with wordpress

Jan
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

Looking good Rob,

It's about time I got around to updating my web site to your version of phpDivingLog. But I haven't had time to even keep my logbook properly up-to-date of late.

Some ideas I had as I was reviewing your latest version:

It would be nice if there was a way to see which dives had pictures on the Dive Log listing.

It would be nice to be able to see which dives sites had pictures on the Dive Sites listing. That is, there are dives associated with the site for which there are pictures.

When looking at the details of a Dive Site, being able to see which dives had pictures woulf be good.

Being able to step through a gallery of pictures for each dive site.

I guess the dive profile display should be updated to display the additional stuff now shown in Diving Log.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

lloyd_borrett wrote:It would be nice if there was a way to see which dives had pictures on the Dive Log listing.
Good idea, will add a camera icon as a column
Something like this http://www.vecteezy.com/vf/444-Camera-Icon-Vector- This icon will be small one
It would be nice to be able to see which dives sites had pictures on the Dive Sites listing.
Same solution as for the divelog listing (this will be the case if a divesite has a map/photo linked
That is, there are dives associated with the site for which there are pictures. When looking at the details of a Dive Site, being able to see which dives had pictures woulf be good.
With this you mean in the divesite details page you should see which dives contains pictures?
An extension to this view: http://www.vanenter.nl/duiken/index.php?pag=16&id=32
You see more details about the dives at a divesite, so would be no problem to add a column with a camera if the dive contains pictures

Being able to step through a gallery of pictures for each dive site.
Can it be sort option in the gallery? Now the pictures are sorted for dives, can be sorted for dive site?
I guess the dive profile display should be updated to display the additional stuff now shown in Diving Log.
Yes, I got a test file from Sven with new info for the graphs. Have to implement it.

Thanks for all the tips/whishes
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Inferno wrote:
lloyd_borrett wrote:It would be nice if there was a way to see which dives had pictures on the Dive Log listing.
Something like this http://www.vecteezy.com/vf/444-Camera-Icon-Vector- This icon will be small one
I've created such an icon also for the Diving Log Viewer. If you need it I can send it to you or you simply crop it from this screenshot.

Inferno

Post by Inferno »

divinglog wrote:
Inferno wrote:
I've created such an icon also for the Diving Log Viewer. If you need it I can send it to you or you simply crop it from this screenshot.

Yes please send them, together with the profile icon, which I will add as well.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

divinglog wrote: I've created such an icon also for the Diving Log Viewer. If you need it I can send it to you or you simply crop it from this screenshot.
How do you define if a dive has photo's? Since I need some complex query to get this info.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Inferno wrote:How do you define if a dive has photo's? Since I need some complex query to get this info.
I thought that this question will come, as it took me also quite some time to find the best solution :D I ended up using a subquery, but I'm not sure if this is supported by older MySQL versions:

Code: Select all

SELECT *, (SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM Pictures WHERE Logbook.ID=Pictures.LogID) AS Photo FROM Logbook ORDER BY Number
This will return all logbook columns and one column called "Photo" with the number of pictures. If zero, then there are no pictures. I think it should be also possible to return just True or False as boolean. This should be the fastest way to create this data.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

divinglog wrote:
Inferno wrote:How do you define if a dive has photo's? Since I need some complex query to get this info.
I thought that this question will come, as it took me also quite some time to find the best solution :D I ended up using a subquery, but I'm not sure if this is supported by older MySQL versions:

SELECT *, (SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM Pictures WHERE Logbook.ID=Pictures.LogID) AS Photo FROM Logbook ORDER BY Number
This will return all logbook columns and one column called "Photo" with the number of pictures. If zero, then there are no pictures. I think it should be also possible to return just True or False as boolean. This should be the fastest way to create this data.
Didn't look at subquery's since that is not supported by mysql < 4.1 and looking at the wide range of hosting platforms, this will result in difficulties....

At the moment I'm working on changing the returned array from the database and extend the array with data from the photo table.
TheULi

Post by TheULi »

Inferno wrote: Todo:
    test test test...
Hi Rob,

i get this error when i open the dive gallery (Trunk 205)

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'pager' in /homepages/46/d13485098/htdocs/divelog/classes.inc.php on line 568
Diving Log 4.0.11, Suunto Vytec DS, phpDivingLog 2.2
++++++++++++++
Mein Online-Logbuch
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

TheULi wrote:
Inferno wrote: Todo:
    test test test...
Hi Rob,

i get this error when i open the dive gallery (Trunk 205)

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'pager' in /homepages/46/d13485098/htdocs/divelog/classes.inc.php on line 568
You need to update your config file:

require_once (ABSPATH_DIVELOG . 'includes/misc.inc.php');
require_once (ABSPATH_DIVELOG . 'includes/image-resize.php');
require_once 'phpmydatagrid.class.php';
require_once 'smarty/Smarty.class.php';
require_once 'classes.inc.php';
require_once 'PEAR.php';

if(version_compare("5.1", PHP_VERSION, "<")){
    require_once 'includes/jpgraph2/src/jpgraph.php';
    require_once 'includes/jpgraph2/src/jpgraph_line.php';
} else {
   require_once 'includes/jpgraph/src/jpgraph.php';
   require_once 'includes/jpgraph/src/jpgraph_line.php';
}

require_once 'Pager/Pager.php';
require_once 'Pager_Wrapper.php';
require_once 'MDB2.php';
I will move parts of config.inc.php to another file so this problem won't happen again.
Inferno

Grid change

Post by Inferno »

While implementing the requested feature for displaying an icon when a dive has photo's I concluded that phpmydatagrid was not able to do such thing. Together with the stopped open source development of phpmydatagrid I'm currently implementing another grid.

You can see it working here http://rob.lensen.nu/divelog_dev/

This grid implementation is far more flexible and has better code documentation.
TheULi

Post by TheULi »

that works :-)

but in firefox the footer is displayed at the top :-(
in IE it's okay.

Diving Log 4.0.11, Suunto Vytec DS, phpDivingLog 2.2
++++++++++++++
Mein Online-Logbuch
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

TheULi wrote:that works :-)

but in firefox the footer is displayed at the top :-(
in IE it's okay.

LOL someone give me money so I can test it on wide screen :lol:

Since looking at your screenshot you have a widescreen, and when I look 1280x1024 and 1400x1050 I see no problem. Even looking at your gallery :)

Have to search for it