phpDivinglog 2.2 development

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
zeroGsa

Re: phpDivinglog 2.2 development

Post by zeroGsa »

Inferno wrote:
zeroGsa wrote:
3. Diving Log shows the temp graph below the profile graph. My Citizen program shows it overlaying the profile. I would be happy with either one. It's just fun to look back and see the thermoclines I went through. You can see in this graph, the temp dots are all over the place: http://www.mugga.net/scuba/363.html
Any update on getting a temp graph (or temp overlay to the depth graph) added? :-D
ianr

Post by ianr »

Hi Inferno,

Any progress on this yet? :? I'm perfectly happy with the general feel of the tool but this is just a niggling annoyance.

Cheers
Inferno wrote:Didn't had time to do this. But I will make a start with this asap. My goal is the end of the week.
m.wagner

Post by m.wagner »

Hi Inferno

what are your plans with phpDivinglog? Will you be releasing a final version or will it remain a beta? What about the opensource project on sourcefoge, is it the same? Is the project still alive or discontinued?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see more about the phpDivinglog development. Can you share your thoughts, ideas, visions and roadmap?

ianr

Post by ianr »

It's a real shame that development on this seems to have stopped. it's a great tool and addon to diving log but there were a few more features i'd love to see fixed and added. :(
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Nothing is lost, because phpDivingLog is open source, so anyone can continue the development on this project. I'm sure we can find people who want to participate and improve it in the future. Unfortunately my own PHP skills are not that good and I don't have the time to contribute myself, but I try to get the word out to find users who want to join.
m.wagner

Post by m.wagner »

I had the same though a couple of weeks ago. We really should find some skilled coders and maintain this project. I'm on board :)
ianr

Post by ianr »

m.wagner wrote:I had the same though a couple of weeks ago. We really should find some skilled coders and maintain this project. I'm on board :)
I'd love to help but my PHP knowledge is non-existent really. I can just get myself around in HTML and a little CSS but the mysteries of PHP and MySQL are frankly beyond me.

I'm happy to beta test though :D
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

I've still have got around to switching over to Rob's version of phpDivingLog 2.x. Though when updating my dive log, I sometimes also add new features to my phpDivingLog 1.9 implementation.

Some of the changes made so far include:
Fixed display of the Comments to support Diving Log 5.0.
Indicator to show which dives have photos added to list of dives.
Added ability to display photo descriptions.
Display program version and database version on statistics page.
Display average water temp on statistics page.
Display coldest, warmest and average air temp on statistics page.
Display number of no deco and no rep dives on statistics page.

See http://www.borrett.id.au/divelog/divestats.php for an example.

I've recently upgraded to the latest version of Diving Log (5.0.3) and have started to use its new techncal diving features to properly document my trip to Chuuk Lagoon in May. (Having some issues with the data being imported from my Suunto HelO2, but that's a whole other story.) Of course, now I want phpDivingLog to be able support the new DL5 features, display the cylinders and gasses used, etc.

Rob, do you have any plans to do this?

If you don't, then I might consider finally switching to phpDivingLog 2.2 and then starting maybe phpDivingLog 3.0 to implement the changes myself.

Rob, do you have any problems with me doing this?

Sven, I'm assuming that if I have problems understanding the new data structures and ways you're now doing things, that you'd be prepared to answer my questions and provide any algorithms, as you've done in the past?

Are there any developers out there interested in helping?

Are there any users interested in being beta testers?

Not sure how much time I'm going to have to devote to this new project over the coming weeks/months. I've also got to get ready for a diving trip to the Darwin and Wolf groups at Galapagos in August. Plus I now have a dive boat and it needs some things done to it.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hello Lloyd

Welcome back! I'm glad to see new development for phpDivingLog! I'll be happy to help you with the new logbook format, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The new additional profile format is explained here.

I've not yet tested the MySQL export/upload with the new format, let me know if you see any problems, especially as I've removed the "Auto Incrememt" feature for the primary key ID column from the Access database to improve the smartphone sync.

Best regards,
Sven
ianr

Post by ianr »

G'day Lloyd,

I'm no good with PHP or MySQL but happy to be a beta tester :)

Cheers

Ian
m.wagner

Post by m.wagner »

Back in April I offered my support to continue this project.
Rob, can you grant us access to the project at sourceforge in order to get somewhere startet? I absolutely welcome the idea to start off with phpDivinglog 3.0 as a new milestone.
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

I think I might already have access at SourceForge. It's just that I don't use it.
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

You can follow what I'm doing for phpDivingLog 3.0 at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1468.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.