phpDivinglog 2.0

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
FrankK

Post by FrankK »

Will have to try it when I get home, as my home PC has lots its internet connection - and can no longer access it.
FrankK

Post by FrankK »

The same problem is still occurring for me - I have tried both options.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

FrankK wrote:The same problem is still occurring for me - I have tried both options.
It is difficult to debug, since I have no idea how the servers at godaddy are configured. Since what I read godaddy supports rewriting, so somehow this has to be working. However I'm not a hero in mod_rewrite rules

I will look further for a solution
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Can you setup a test for me?

.htaccess

Code: Select all

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /diving/divelog2/
RewriteRule ^test.php/(.*)/ test.php?id=$1
And test.php

Code: Select all

<?php
print_r($_SERVER);
?>
If this works I will change the url handler class
FrankK

Post by FrankK »

I have that created and FTP'd Let me know what you find / if it will work!
FrankK

Post by FrankK »

What file is it where the changes need to be made, I've been looking at the classes.inc
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

FrankK wrote:What file is it where the changes need to be made, I've been looking at the classes.inc
After a lot of research I come clear to me that this is not gonna work with godaddy. Since they support rewrite however not for php files. So we need a different approach.

What I will do is make changes in classes.inc.php
In class HandleRequest I have to change the function handle_url() to read $_GET vars. Make an extra config option for using $_GET vars and probably change a lot of links

See: http://rob.lensen.nu/devdoc/phpdivinglog/
FrankK

Post by FrankK »

Well, after all this - I'm switching my hosting providers to 1and1 (lets hope they support this!)

Frank
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

FrankK wrote:Well, after all this - I'm switching my hosting providers to 1and1 (lets hope they support this!)

Frank
Do a search on google and you will find lots of people having problems with godaddy and php

(See:
http://www.ericfaerber.com/2007/08/21/g ... d_rewrite/)
FrankK

Post by FrankK »

I'm sure! Well, it will end up saving me a few dollars in the end, as 1and1 allows three domains per business account (1 year @ 5.67 - was paying 3.99/mo for each of my domains)

and it is finally working perfectly! Thanks again!
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

FrankK wrote:I'm sure! Well, it will end up saving me a few dollars in the end, as 1and1 allows three domains per business account (1 year @ 5.67 - was paying 3.99/mo for each of my domains)

and it is finally working perfectly! Thanks again!
Super!

I'm still doubting if I will change phpDivinglog to make an option to use index.php?id=3 instead off index.php/3

Any opinions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

What is the advantage of the new linking, or what is the disadvantage of the old system?
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

divinglog wrote:What is the advantage of the new linking, or what is the disadvantage of the old system?
The advantage is nicer looking url's and this type of url's are indexed by the search engine's

Also for the multiuser version you would get url's like:

index.php?user_id=2&id=4 and now you have index.php/3/2
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, thank you for the explanation :)
mhedstrom

Post by mhedstrom »

I finally got a chance to install the new version and try it out, and on each dive (in the area where it draws the profile graph), I'm getting:

JPGraph Error
Too small plot area (50,50,161841383,70: 450x -161841053). With the given image size and margins there is to little space left for the plot. Increase the plot size or reduce the margins.

I am running PHP 5 (I upgraded my system).

Also is there supposed to be a legend on the Dive Statistics screen for the pie chart? On mine there isn't, so I'm not sure I understand what the pie chart is showing me.