Testers for Mares Nemo Reader.

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)

Mares Nemo Direct Sync ?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2007 16:33

Yup, I Have Nemo and this is THE thing what I have been waiting for !
No votes
I have a Nemo and I could give it a try.
No votes
Mmm.. Nemo.. Wasn´t that the fish in Disneys movie ?
100%
Completeley useless addition :)
No votes
Even Worse..
No votes

Total votes: 2

teemutin

Testers for Mares Nemo Reader.

Post by teemutin »

Hi !

I finally found enough time to get the xml output working in some manner and I'm now looking for "volunteers" willing to try and comment the output. Or provide some test data to me.

The output of debug version looks like this: http://www.saunalahti.fi/tingande/t/iri ... -dcdml.xml. (Those are about my last 31 dives; no critisism about my ability to dive please... )
[edit:] 26.9.2007 These are now 4 sample dives in al different nemo mo

Output tries to be as generic dcdml as possible, with nemo twist. There's still some things to do and document in dcdml but at least its still moving..

While the program itselft looks like this..
As you can see its not final yet and output is generated for cut´n paste into right textfield.. Left Screen is for sync errors etc.. (Sync Errors are actually quite common with Nemo) And yes it supports high comm ports..

I Added a poll Into here: Is Direct Nemo Import Any Good ? If I found enought time to finalize it would You se it as a good extension to DivingLog ?

All work is done on single Nemo by single person, so I cannot be very sure if this really works or not. Theres also some bytes and bits tha are still looking thair meaning (like tissues ?). So this is where I need You. I will put the executable to my iris homedir later if people are interested to give it a try.

- Teemu

[edit:] 26.9.2007 Original mail restored
Last edited by teemutin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 06:31, edited 2 times in total.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great work Teemu, I hope that there will be some testers. I'll add this also to the homepage news. Btw, cool vote :lol:
teemutin

Progress..

Post by teemutin »

Yup Yup.

Nemo does not seem to be very popular :) Oh well..

I updated sample output on my site http://www.saunalahti.fi/tingande/t/iri ... -dcdml.xml. Now the sample contains dives in all possible divemodes. air, freedive, nitrox and gauge. Comments about dcdml language are wellcome. Freedive profile data it currently the most tricky part to generalize.

There are still many debug output elements included for future analyzing nemo protocol. And dcdml is not final either so some changes to output are expected.

I will try to put the test version of application to my site later when I have found out the reasons for some bugs..

- Teemu :?

[Edit:teemutin] 26.9.2007 Restored orginal post
Last edited by teemutin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 06:33, edited 2 times in total.
James Connell

Re: Progress..

Post by James Connell »

[edit]
Last edited by James Connell on Fri Nov 02, 2007 23:17, edited 3 times in total.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Hello ! I'am Mares Nemo Wide (not a just Nemo) owner and want to change default Mares application to you program... May be My help can helps you - I can do manipulation with software if you send me some instructions :)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I don't want to interfere into the DCDML discussion :wink:, but I have no problems supporting 2 or more different XML formats for each dive computer. Maybe it isn't such a good idea to try to push all dive computer data into one format. So Teemu, feel free to use any format you want, I'll create an import for it. And James, feel free to modify the DCDML format you think its the best and maybe we can adjust later on the Nemo downloader to create the specific output format, or maybe not, it's really no big deal for me. I think that Teemu currently wants to focus to get the downloader working and to analyze the format and that the XML output is secondary.

@Hamlet: Thank you for your help, I think that Teemu will contact you soon. :)

@Teemu: Too bad that there is no more response regarding the Nemo, but I suggest to give it some more time.
teemutin

Post by teemutin »

OK! I got the message.. This is about to be my last messge to this forum.

This dcdml stuff is somehow getting out of hands. The dcdml can stay as it is and i´ll remove my stuff behind those links for good. No prob. Later I can publish Nemo protocol if there´s people hoping to implement their own readers. Which apparently does not happen.

The idea to generate a language to support many different dive computes sounded good. And with this, as with any mapping language, the evolution just takes some time. In this case the tame it took just was propably a little bit too long. I didnt understood that the language was final.

I dont want to make here any comments about Mares or their products lifetime.

James: I'm sorry for inconvience that that he bad output of IrisReader actually caused.

Sven: You are partly correct, the output was not on highest importance. I should have not called it dcdml. NemoReader was just yell for more nemo data, and that way finalize the product. The output of Java Program written into jdivelog did not map all parameters nor did the standalone java-app that produes uddcml stuff and drew graphs like this http://www.saunalahti.fi/tingande/t/iri ... -09-58.png
And could you please remove the link on first page. I really dont want this thread to be something that possible customer of divinglog will see.

Hamlet: I havent seen Nemo Wide but as far as I understand the DRAK interface is still based on serial-on-USB (but not in anyway sure about this). If it has any similarity to Nemo the protocol could be reverse engineered in same manner I did with Nemo (Narrow). You could try to get the "serial" data from Wide out with a software like "RS232 Datalogger form Eltima Software". ( sync to file, if protocol is oneway, for two way we need i little bit more sophisticated programs )
I dont know about the baud rates (In Nemo those are 9600 (8-N-1, HW Flow), I can try to find out those for Nemo Wide too.

Sorry. All my posts to this forum should quite soon removed..
[Edit:teemutin] 26.9.2007 Restored original posts.

- Teemu
Last edited by teemutin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Teemu, too bad that you removed all your postings :(
Please keep me informed about any future developments, I would be happy to include your downloader and I think that there are many Diving Log users who would be happy to use it.