I Need Profiles for the D9/6 Suunto Computers!

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
James Connell

I Need Profiles for the D9/6 Suunto Computers!

Post by James Connell »

I need memory images as well as matching log exports for the 'D' models.

I thought I had the protocol sorted out but I was confused by a profile I was trying to parce. It seems the dive 'header' is of a variable length Not fixed as was first thought.

If you would like to help here's how:

What I need is a copy of the internal memory of a D model, plus suunto's translation of the profiles.
You get this by running the 'Memory Comparator' program from my site.
In the box 'snapshot' click the "Take" button. When it's finished downloading, click the "Save" button in the same box. That's the file I need.
Then download ( if you haven't already ) the DC to the Suunto SDM and make an 'export' file, I need that too.

I need a D6 image very much!

I also need as many warnings and violations as I can get.
Now don't go hurt yourself to get this.
but if someone would give their friend their watch for a second dive Immediately after they finish the first, I can get a very good example of a bent computer - Just be sure sure you're done diving for 24 hrs!
Sending your watch up on a lift bag is an option for a few violations too ;-)
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
dsuk

D9 data ready for you

Post by dsuk »

I have exported from SDM 2.5.0 in both SDE format and CSV format for you for all dives performed with my current D9. Whether all of the dives are still in memory I can't guarantee because it's probably started to overwrite the earlier dives by now.
I have also exported the memory contents as you requested for the same D9.

There's no 'bend scenarios' or anything like that, just a couple of quick ascent warnings and 'ceiling' warnings.

Where would you like these sending to?
divelogs.de

cant open Comm port

Post by divelogs.de »

Hi,

Just tried, the software says "can't open comm port". I use a Smartinterface interface for my D6 (not oficially available yet, AFAIK) which uses a serial<->usb adapter. The interface is on COM21 (works fine with SDM).

best regards,
Rainer
www.divelogs.de
Einfacher Import der Tauchgänge aus Diving Log
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

When I remember right, the Downloader can only open COM ports from 1 - 9 at the moment.
dsuk

COM ports

Post by dsuk »

The D9MemComp utility correctly showed all 12 of my COM ports including a couple of USB ones. I did notice with the MemComp utility that the Suunto USB cable had to be inserted and recognised before starting D9MemComp or it didn't appear.
James Connell

Re: COM ports

Post by James Connell »

dsuk wrote:I did notice with the MemComp utility that the Suunto USB cable had to be inserted and recognized before starting D9MemComp or it didn't appear.
That is correct. The downloader uses a third party comm port component. That component 'enumerates' (checks what's available) the ports at startup only. I need to change that, I'll see about it today, but I'm not sure it's possible. The cable needs to be connected to the PC before you run the downloader, although you can leave the DC disconnected until you actually do the download. The component does seem to have trouble with ports over '9', I'm not sure why.

dsuk, Thank you for the profiles.

[Edit]
I changed the setup on the MemComparator - it now checks for new ports whenever you select the 'combo box'.
[/Edit]
JConn Inv.
dsuk

Profiles

Post by dsuk »

No problem James. :)

Looking forward to a fully functioning D9 interface at some point soon. Have you asked Suunto for the API calls to download the data? A friend of mine talked to them about making an interface for his smartfone and they were very helpful. I'll try and find out what data they gave him or whether their helpfulness stopped at basic advice.

The only guy I know who is likely to break a Suunto computer by missing deco stops whilst diving and making it go into fail mode has just bought a D9. If he does break it I'll get a copy of his logs - either from him directly or from the Health & Safety Executive who would investigate his death.
James Connell

Re: Profiles

Post by James Connell »

dsuk wrote: A friend of mine talked to them about making an interface for his smartfone and they were very helpful. I'll try and find out what data they gave him or whether their helpfulness stopped at basic advice.
Now that may be an excellent and promising option, historically, Suunto has been silent on the subject, at least as far as Windows based apps are concerned.
dsuk wrote: The only guy I know who is likely to break a Suunto computer....I'll get a copy of his logs - either from him directly or from the Health & Safety Executive who would investigate his death.
:o well that might be a little extreme! I do need the 'deco' violation data but there are a number of 'safe' ways to get that.
JConn Inv.
divelogs.de

Post by divelogs.de »

James Connell wrote: I changed the setup on the MemComparator - it now checks for new ports whenever you select the 'combo box'.
Well, unfortunately still doesn't work with my interface...

I downloaded your tool anew
Plugged in in the interface and connected the D6
started the app (Com 3 and 21 are shown in the selectbox)
Chose Com21 (which is the interface)
Clicked on take
Got the message "Unable to Open CommPort".

Greetings,
Rainer
www.divelogs.de
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

divelogs.de wrote:Well, unfortunately still doesn't work with my interface...
Ok, I rebuilt the memcomp program - it works with a borrowed D6 ( new, unfortunately, so I can't get profiles) I hope it works with all.
JConn Inv.
divelogs.de

Post by divelogs.de »

James Connell wrote: Ok, I rebuilt the memcomp program - it works with a borrowed D6 ( new, unfortunately, so I can't get profiles) I hope it works with all.
"Can't open Comm Port"...

:-(

Seems to be my interface and its driver. Simply won't work on my D6 with the interface I use. Sorry...
www.divelogs.de
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Rainer

Try to change the port number in the control panel device manager to a number smaller 10, maybe it will then recognize the port.
absalon

Post by absalon »

It works on my D9

Henrik
divelogs.de

Post by divelogs.de »

divinglog wrote:Try to change the port number in the control panel device manager to a number smaller 10, maybe it will then recognize the port.
Seemed to work, Com9 was (like all Com Ports smaller than 19) "already in use" but still worked fine. :-)

I'll prepare all the data and send it to James soon...

Best regards,
Rainer
www.divelogs.de
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

divelogs.de wrote:Seemed to work, Com9 was (like all Com Ports smaller than 19) "already in use" but still worked fine. :-)
Thank you for the profiles - they will help.

I've written my own serial port enumeration routine and put it in the memcomp program. It's on my site, if you would test it on your COM21 port.

I'm hoping to use it to create a hack for the problem of Suunto's SDM not reading anything except a Suunto's cable in the Cobra2/Vyper2 computers.
Yes, that's right, I have reports from the manufactures of cables that their equipment does not work on the new models. It kinda gives me a warm fuzzy just to think I can put it to Suunto :twisted:
JConn Inv.