Suunto Downloader

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
fatuus

Post by fatuus »

James Connell wrote:I put a new version of the downloader on the site. It is 'supposed' to output UTF-8, would you give it a try?

it's in the 'Test' link.
I'll try. brb
fatuus

Post by fatuus »

James Connell wrote:I put a new version of the downloader on the site. It is 'supposed' to output UTF-8, would you give it a try?

it's in the 'Test' link.
I tried the one here: http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/S ... loader.zip
still ANSI. what 'test'-link do you mean?

but i tried to save the xml file in UTF-8, then it worked like it should. Still with ö in the name.

/Erik
dervish00

Post by dervish00 »

First sorry for my english.
I guess you will understand what I want to say :)
I have Suunto D9 and Suunto D6. Both computer didn't work with suunto downloader.
My PC connect with Suunto, but can't read right data. First dialog:
not right: type, units, max depth. And second dialog:
List of dives is clear.
All pictures are for Suunto D6. For D9 data are not right too. For D9 computer's type is clear (it's field on 1st picture where "Viper/Cobra").
Dive's count, S/N and total time are correct.
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

dervish00 wrote:First sorry for my english.
I guess you will understand what I want to say :)
I have Suunto D9 and Suunto D6. Both computer didn't work with suunto downloader.
Your english is fine.

The current version of the Downloader does not work with the D9/6 computers. It will Open the device and read out certain data but, at this time, no profiles are generated.

The newest (not vet released) version of the Downloader is V 2.5 and it is in the debugging stage now and I expect a Beta release Very shortly (My thanks to Henrik for the needed log files).
All the code is written, I just need to get it fully operational.
However, It will require an upgrade of Dive Log as well, do to a change in output format.

For those who are interested a Cobra2/Vyper2 version is planned and should will be ready in a few months.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello James,

with the new version of the downloader I'm able do download the data from my vyper. If the vyper has unset date and time nothing has load into Divinglog.
But I see a difference between import via Divinglog (your extender) or DM 2 (Suunto Dive Manager). There are 4 minutes difference in dive length. Have you any idea?

Greetz
Thomas
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

Thomas wrote:Hello James,

with the new version of the downloader I'm able do download the data from my vyper. If the vyper has unset date and time nothing has load into Divinglog.
But I see a difference between import via Divinglog (your extender) or DM 2 (Suunto Dive Manager). There are 4 minutes difference in dive length. Have you any idea?

Greetz
Thomas
I can't help you about the date/time, I believe that is a Divinglog thing. The downloader simply reports what it finds in the Suunto's memory.

Suunto's SDM program often 'trims' the log by a small amount. If it feels you were at the surface, say reaching down to put on your fins, it will cut that part out. It will do the same at the end of the dive.
My Downloader reports the actual data recorded by the dive computer.
JConn Inv.
James Connell

New Version Ready

Post by James Connell »

A Beta version is available on my web site that works with the current version of Diving Log. It will download the D models as well as the older stuff.
There are some slight discrepancies between Suunto's SDM and what my program reports and I have an early report of max depth reporting errors with the D models.

Please give it a test run if you would.
JConn Inv.