Divemate iOS en divinglog

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
Divingceetje

Divemate iOS en divinglog

Post by Divingceetje »

Ik gebruik nu Divemate (met USB) op mijn iPad. Ik zou graag divinglog willen gaan gebruiken en volgens Divemate wordt dit ondersteunt. Ik kan alleen nergens vinden hoe ik mijn duiken vanuit Divemate kan overzetten. En voordat ik €15,- uitgeef voor iets wat ik niet kan gebruiken...
ik gebruik een suunto D4i, deze heeft geen Bluetooth.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Divemate iOS en divinglog

Post by divinglog »

I now use Divemate (with USB) on my iPad. I would like to start using divinglog and according to Divemate this is supported. I can only find how I can transfer my dives from Divemate. And before I spend € 15 for something I can't use ...
I use a suunto D4i, it has no Bluetooth.
Hi, I've used Google Translate, I hope your question is translated correctly. It looks like your question is about downloading your Suunto D4i in the iOS Dive Log app, right? I will point Greg from More Mobile Software to this thread. You can import your DiveMate dives into the Windows desktop version of Diving Log and then sync to the Dive Log iOS app. Let us know if we should do this as a one time conversion if you don't have the Windows desktop version.
gregm

Post by gregm »

Dive Log on iPad requires an additional accessory to directly download the Suunto D4i via Bluetooth. DiveNav Inc. makes a Bluetooth accessory called the DCbuddy (https://www.divenavstore.com/product/796) that will work with Dive Log on iPad (requires an in-app purchase to enable the DCbuddy support) to directly download the Suunto D4i.

Dive Log on iPad can not import dives directly from DiveMate USB on iPad, but it can import from UDDF (which I believe DiveMate can export). So if you want to continue to import your D4i using DiveMate you should be able to export the dives in UDDF and import them into Dive Log. As Sven mentioned, it is also possible to import a DiveMate USB logbook file using Diving Log 6.0 and export the result to Dive Log on iPad via Wi-Fi or via a cloud service.

Please let us know if you need more details. There are a number of ways to interoperate with DiveMate USB so if the options discussed so far do not meet your needs we can look at other possibilities.

Cheers,

Greg
oversampling

Post by oversampling »

Unfortunately it seems that Divenav Inc. has closed its business so DCbuddy is not an option anymore.

Oddly enough Divemate company suddenly decided not to support IOS anymore. They pulled their IOS app off the Apple store and stopped selling/supporting Divemate USB leaving their IOS customers rather angry.

Direct download to Divelog app in IOS seems impossible if your diving computer does not support bluetooth... :cry:
gregm

Post by gregm »

Hi,

Unfortunately, with a few exceptions, there is currently no way to directly download a dive computer that does not support Bluetooth LE to Dive Log on iOS. Apple places significant restrictions on access to USB devices via either the Lightening or USB-C connectors on iOS devices so (one exception is devices that can present as "mass" storage devices like the Garmin Descent Mk1 computer which can be imported with an appropriate adaptor) there is no way to directly connect these devices to an iOS device.

The best that we can offer for many USB or serial only dive computers is to download the device using a desktop app (Diving Log 6.0 on Windows or DiveLogDT on the Mac) and then synchronize the data to Dive Log on iOS. There is a feature in both Diving Log 6.0 and DiveLogDT that allows you to "merge" the dive computer data with dives that you previously entered manually on your iOS device once you have access to your desktop computer again. Using this feature you can travel with just your dive computer and your iPhone and enter dives on the iPhone capturing information like environmental information, GPS locations, signatures, dive site maps, etc and then later update the dive with the dive data captured by your dive computer.

I wish that I had a better answer for you, but that is what is available today.

Cheers,

Greg
michaelbshapiro

Post by michaelbshapiro »

I entered many details about three years plus of dives into DiveMate before they stopped supporting iOS. They do not respond to emails about a way to pull the data from the application into another application or simply into text. My dive computer (a Suunto Mosquito) will have a limited amount of data about the dives, but not the details about dive buddies, location, topside weather, etc.

Is there ANY way to retrieve the data from my iPhone and DiveMate?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Is there any export or backup function in DiveMate for iOS to get some kind of data file? If not, it will be really difficult. I don't know if there is a way to extract that data from an iTunes backup somehow, maybe gregm can say something about this

Kind regards,
Sven
gregm

Post by gregm »

Hi,

DiveMate can export data into either a "backup" file or a .sql file. We are able to import either of those files using our DiveLogDT application on the Mac. If you happen to have one of those files available I'd be happy to do the import for you and provide a file that is compatible with either Dive Log on iOS, DiveLogDT on Mac or Diving Log 6.0 on Windows. This does require that you can run DiveMate on your iPhone though or that have a previous exported version of one of these files.

If you have the required file you can send it to us at our support email (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) and I'll be happy to import it for you. Otherwise, I am not aware of a ways to get data from a non-functional version of DiveMate.

I hope that helps.

Greg
gregm

Post by gregm »

Unfortunately iTunes backups for iOS are now encrypted. So while it use to be difficult to get data out of an iTunes backup it is no pretty much impossible.

There is probably a way to get to the DiveMate file area on your iPhone if it is jailbroken, but that is not something that most people want to pursue.

Cheers,
Greg