Unable to get O2 cell data after update

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
Danish Diver

Unable to get O2 cell data after update

Post by Danish Diver »

Hi,

I am using a Shearwater petrel 2, on my JJ rebreather, but after the latest Diving Log update, I am unable to get the O2 readings. Before I was able to go to “profile data” – "Profile 5" and here I was able to get the reading of cell 1. Now I cannot get this data!

In the future, I would appreciate the readings from all three cells.

Morten Didriksen
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Unable to get O2 cell data after update

Post by divinglog »

Hi Morten

Do you download the dive computer directly with Diving Log? The only thing that has changed is libdivecomputer. If you want, you can download the previous libdc version from here. Copy the content of the zip file into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. Let me know if you get the cell data again.

You can also try to import from Shearwater Desktop to see if you receive all 3 cells. Then it should be possible to also implement this in libdivecomputer.

Kind regards,
Sven
TnT

Post by TnT »

Libdivecomputer supports reporting ppO2 from the O2 sensors. But on some shearwater devices the calibration values (which are needed to convert from millivolt to the ppO2 value) are not stored correctly, and are left at their default values. If that's the case, then libdivecomputer disables the ppO2 values instead of reporting invalid ppO2 data. This is a fairly recent change, so this might be the issue Morten is experiencing after upgrading to a newer libdivecomputer version. There should be a warning "Disabled all O2 sensors due to a default calibration value." in the libdivecomputer log.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

As I understood from another post, the problem is that the divecomputer stores the data from the three cells in mV and that these values are not loaded. Am I right? Are there any future plans to incorporate this? I would very much appreciate this.

Other values I can see in the Shearwater desktop app is the battery voltage. Is this also for the same reason not available?

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

TnT wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:49 Libdivecomputer supports reporting ppO2 from the O2 sensors. But on some shearwater devices the calibration values (which are needed to convert from millivolt to the ppO2 value) are not stored correctly, and are left at their default values. If that's the case, then libdivecomputer disables the ppO2 values instead of reporting invalid ppO2 data.
As Jef wrote, normally PO2 values are calculated by libdivecomputer, but if the calibration value is missing, the conversion from mV to bar is not possible. I don't know when or why this value is missing. Diving Log cannot store mV values, only bar values. You can try to import from Shearwater Desktop or Cloud Desktop. If there is PO2 data, it will be imported that way.
Buceador wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 18:11 Other values I can see in the Shearwater desktop app is the battery voltage. Is this also for the same reason not available?
Even if libdivecomputer would report those, there is currently no place in Diving Log to store them.
RVbldr

Post by RVbldr »

Is it possible to just display the mV data instead of the PO2 (assuming the calibration value is missing). I'm not finding that data available in the log.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Unfortunately there is no profile data slot for mV right now.
RVbldr

Post by RVbldr »

For CCR, it looks like Profile 5 shows PPO2 for three cells, but from a previous post, it seems to need the calibration constant which is applied to Milli-volts to calculate PPo2? So in reality we can't get either PPOs or Mv imported from the Shearwater? Are there any plans to at least capture mV readings - At least we can track mV over time to identify cells that might be starting to diverge. I believe we can import PPO2, but we need to sync with Shearwater Desktop, then export -> import to Diving Log.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

From my understanding, the calibration value is normally there in order to calculate the PO2 with libdivecomputer. But there are circumstances where this value might be missing for some reason. Jef Driesen may be able to explain why this might happen.

But you can import from Shearwater Desktop directly (no export required). So you can download with Shearwater Desktop, then import directly.
Danish Diver

Post by Danish Diver »

Hi,

I have hoped that Diving log 6 would have helped the problem, but that is not the case. I can import the dive from Shearwater desktop and then I can see the PO2-1 in profile 5. But the reading from the other 2 O2 sensors are not present. Is there a way to fix this?

Morten Didriksen
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Morten

Shearwater Desktop stores the mV values of all 3 cells in the data, but Diving Log cannot store mV values right now, only PO2 values. Shearwater Desktop calculates one average PO2 profile over all 3 cells, and these values are imported. But there are not 3 PO2 values in Shearwater, only 3 mV values. So unless Diving Log has a slot for mV values, there is not more data available that can be imported.

Kind regard,
Sven
Danish Diver

Post by Danish Diver »

Thank you Sven

I try again next year ;-)
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Hi Sven,

already plans or progress on including mV in the dataset? Can I be of any help? I can send you the shearwater data file.
It's my only major wish for Diving Log. The rest are nice to haves :)
The PO2 then can be calculated by the average mV. This will allow me to downlaod the data directly instead of using Shearwater Cloud.

Gr.

Richard.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The PO2 data will be imported for CCR dives. For mV is unfortunately no data storage right now in our logbook profile format, so this would have to be extended across all apps.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Sorry for asking the impossible. Appreciate your efforts!