Layout Customization - Resizing

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
Liquidtravel

Layout Customization - Resizing

Post by Liquidtravel »

Hello all,

I have read as much as I can about the how to customize my layouts. I have been able to do a lot but there are some things that I still cannot understand so I thought I would make a post and see if I could get some help.

I can move things around just fine and I can resize field as well, but there are certain fields, like CNS [%]: that resize but only on the input side (right). Where it reads, CNS [%] cannot be resized. If I continue to reduce the size from right to left, before the space between CNS [%] changes, I have already closed off too much space on the right and the input side is gone. Is there a way to control how much space is display after the label? There are several fields that react the same way - CNS[%], Dive Number, O2, etc...) What is odd is like with 02, it should be the same as He: but they are not. The O2: label is far away from the input field and if I try and resize to reduce the size, the input (right) side will disappear before the space between the drop down and label changes. With the He: side, you can see in the attached image, the label He: is right next to the drop down. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.
Attachments
image showing O2 and He fields
image showing O2 and He fields
input_field_O2_He.png (1.24 KiB) Viewed 11858 times
CNS[%] resized from right to left closing off the input field on the right so far you can't see the input.
CNS[%] resized from right to left closing off the input field on the right so far you can't see the input.
input_field_2.png (889 Bytes) Viewed 11858 times
CNS[%] not resized
CNS[%] not resized
input_field_1.png (967 Bytes) Viewed 11858 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Layout Customization - Resizing

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The labels are sized automatically by the largest label in the same group. So if you want to avoid that, you have to combine fields with shorter labels within their own group, then they will automatically get shorter labels. As you can see in the screenshot below, the items with the red background color are all grouped together and have the same label width, determined by the longest label.
Image1.png
Image1.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 11847 times