ScubaPro Chromis Depth Difference when downloading

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
aerocheck

ScubaPro Chromis Depth Difference when downloading

Post by aerocheck »

I just started using Diving Log to download from my wife and a friends Chromis and my Meridian. It works 10X better than the ScubaPro downloader! Very reliable and integrates perfectly.

Only problem I am having is that their depths are all off (about 4-5 feet deeper) compared to what the computer displayed on the dive and in the history. Best I can figure is that the Chromis/Meridian computes the raw depth based on Fresh water density and then applies the adjustment to indicate Salt water depth if you have Salt water selected but then this adjustment is not applied when downloaded into Diving Log.

When I look at the history on the computer it shows the shallower values on all three computers.

And when I do download into ScubaPro LogTrak it shows the shallower values as well. So everything is consistent except when downloading into Diving Log.

As a comparison, my Mares Icon is downloading same values as displayed...no discrepancy on that one.

Hope there is a fix for this. I love Diving Log on the PC and Apple!
TnT

Re: ScubaPro Chromis Depth Difference when downloading

Post by TnT »

If you send me a memory dumps of your Chromis and Meridian, I'll have a look.

Download the universal test application, and run it with these options:

Code: Select all

universal.exe -v -l meridian.log -m meridian.bin -b meridian <COMx>
Replace <COMx> with the correct serial port (typically COM3). Afterwards, email me the meridian.log and meridian.bin files.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
aerocheck

Re: ScubaPro Chromis Depth Difference when downloading

Post by aerocheck »

Thanks TnT! - Just emailed you all the log files for the 3 computers

Ray