Designer update

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
jasherr

Designer update

Post by jasherr »

Designer is up to version 20, I had a chance to play with the trial a bit and it is FAR nicer than version 15, might we be able to get an update to version 20?

Thank you
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Designer update

Post by divinglog »

I will certainly update the report designer in the future, but right now is not the best timing, because I have to maintain version 5.0 and 6.0 simultaneously at the moment and I can't use both L&L versions at the same time. How is your experience with version 20, have you used it as end user or as developer?
jasherr

Post by jasherr »

I only used the demo version, I imported a v5 dive log into it just to try it, when it said it would not be compatible with previous versions, I assumed correctly that that also meant that dive log 5 would not read it.

Once I found it was incompatible, I didn't do much with it, however, it uses ribbon bars for alot of the things now, for instance, if you want to change fonts, you no longer have to open a popup, just change it on the ribbon. You can now zoom with CTRL+ mouse scroll. Most things can be done from the ribbon bar, just making is much more friendly to use.

If you like I can take some screen shots and post them for ya.

Jason
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jason

Sure, if you have some screenshots, feel free to post them.

Kind regards,
Sven