Suunto HelO2 in progress

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
James Connell

Suunto HelO2 in progress

Post by James Connell »

Is anyone using the HelO2. If so would you be willing to part with data? Test communications , ect?

I am getting ready to start decoding the HelO2 memory layout, but I have no wish to buy a $1K computer to support what is, for me, a free program. The Suunto tools I write are freeware and the source code is in the public domain.

Any help will be appreciated.
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
James Connell

Re: Suunto HelO2 in progress

Post by James Connell »

just decided to send this back to the top.

Bet you $50 TNT has to post a useless bunch of BS just to post after me. :twisted:
JConn Inv.
TnT

Post by TnT »

Why this hostility towards me?

As far as I'm concerned, I don't consider our projects as competing projects. Our point of view may be slightly diferrent here and there (e.g. providing an end-user application vs a library), but in the end we are both trying to achieve the same goal (e.g. providing direct download capabilities to third party applications). But instead of some cooperation and sharing our knowledge, you are making personal attacks (at least that's how I interpret your comments). Sorry, I don't get that.

I could give you the information you requested about the helo2, but I simply refuse to do so as long as maintain this hostile attitude. And it's not the first time you run into this situation [1].

[1] viewtopic.php?f=10&t=512
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

I have no hostility towards you. I do find a correlation between your post timing and when Any thread of mine on any board is posted to. You seem to have a fetish for having your name above mine. So much so that I suspect some of the posters who support you are actually sock puppets.
This is a good example. You hadn't posted to that one thread in a year. I post a new thread, you found it necessary to post a Triviality to resurrect the Zombie. Your helper is not subtle either. A sock puppet perhaps?
As I said I have no hostility towards you or your project, It's a welcome thing.
I Do find you slightly amusing, are you perhaps about 20 or maybe 12 years old?

I offer the child program because that was what was ASKED for by the log makers. I produced a library as a first offering, I still do, that is what all the "Tools" are based on. A different company wanted to use my library, but do to incompatibilities between platforms (They could not convert the 'C' header files for use with Delphi) they could not make the thing work. They asked for a standalone child program, so that is what I made for them. I offered Sven the library or the source code, He went the way he did with the child program. It's easier for the end user to implement then a library, but it does lacks flexibility.

My source/library is available as freeware. Is your source still Vaporware?
Oh, and did I notice a change in your software after I released my source? You rather suddenly started using "Devices" didn't you? Again you lack subtlety.
Last edited by James Connell on Sun Mar 14, 2010 20:01, edited 4 times in total.
JConn Inv.
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

:-) Ask Sven about that Copyright claim. LOL
I put that claim there to make you return the posts you had previously removed (in a hissy fit) about the proposed "Standard". The claim itself is ludicrous.

You were happy to discuss a standard, until it was time to implement it, and I was 90% done writing code.
You then ignored all you had agreed to, and implemented your own version. It looks very much like you were simply trying to stall until you could release your version first ( there's that childish ego thing again). I simply tricked you into putting all the necessary info back in the public view - you seem Very young and 'foolish' and are rather transparent.

The above post of yours is a fine example of your tactics: Wait for a response to a post then edit the responded to post to make yourself look better.
JConn Inv.
TnT

Post by TnT »

I can guarantee you that the timing of my posts is pure coincidence. I do post whenever I have something useful to say (whether that is useful in your eyes is a different thing of course), not because I want to see my name before yours. And I certainly don't need or have "sock puppets" doing it for me. Thus the people you are accusing of being my "sock puppets" are just enthusiastic people trying to help. Nothing more, nothing less.

When I referred to the library vs application thing, that was just an observation. Not some claim that one approach is better then the other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and everyone picks the one that serves him best.

The libdivecomputer project was started as an open source project. So it's never been vaporware, and it never will be. No idea where you got that impression. And no, the release of your source code didn't influence my software in any way. My source code was already available long before it came to my attention that you offered yours.

Now regarding that copyright claim and the DCDML standard, what do I (or Sven) have to do with that? I only referred to that topic because it's one of the reasons why I have the feeling that you act rather aggressive towards anyone who does anything related to download software. BTW, qhat "above post" are you referring too? I didn't edit my posts (you did), so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Our definitions of hostility may be different, but when I read things like "BS", "childish ego", "vaporware", "lack subtlety", etc I do not associate that with a friendly attitude.
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day James,

I purchased a Suunto HelO2 a few months back. I've only used it on about 5 dives so far. My current D9.dll file is 15 Mb, but ZIPs down to about 2.5 Mb. That's got all of my 290 odd dives in it (most with a Suunto Vytec DS), including the 5 dives from the HelO2. I could try to put the HelO2 dives into a different D9.dll file though.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
Siby

Post by Siby »

Hi,

I have a Suunto Helo2, I've only done a couple of air dives with it so far (With tank transmitter). Obviously this will increase over next few months with Nitrox diving mainly. Would be happy to send you any data you want but would need instructions of what you need.

Cheers

Simon