Synchronize countries,places, etc. between two logbooks

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
rene

Synchronize countries,places, etc. between two logbooks

Post by rene »

I have written a little program to help people that maintain two or more logbooks (it's my case...) that smartly synchronizes some information between a master logbook and a slave one.

The involved tables are : Country City Place Shop Trip

The program does not delete rows that are not in the master logbook. It adds only rows that are not in the slave one or updates older rows.
The algorithm is based on the UUID and Updated columns and is fair with table IDs.

You can download the binary here : http://divinglog-extensions.googlecode. ... ogBook.exe

It requires the Microsoft Framework .NET 4.

As you can guess : THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ""AS IS"", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Please backup you logbooks before trying this program.

Here is an example:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (36.81 KiB) Viewed 18135 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Synchronize countries,places, etc. between two logbooks

Post by divinglog »

Great work René! :)
rene

Post by rene »

Hi,

AndyDragon has kindly provided storage space to host applications Click-Once (with simplified installation and auto update). Thank you to him! :angelic:

So, you can find the most up-to-date version of SyncLogbook here : http://www.opencircuitscuba.com/downloa ... ncLogbook/

I will continue to upload a zip at google code: http://code.google.com/p/divinglog-exte ... downloads/

rené
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rene,

Brilliant work. Quick question: can this also handle synchronizing the equipment, buddies and marine life? I plan to manage both my and my wife's divelogs and it seems easiest to keep all of those master data tables synchronized as well.

Thanks!

David H
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi David

I've answered your email, but if anyone else has this problem, you can use the "Diving Log" import function to transfer any data between logbook files. It's not an automatic process, but you have more control what you want to transfer.

Kind regards,
Sven
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (23.92 KiB) Viewed 11775 times
Wilson.Rook

Post by Wilson.Rook »

Have you made any updates to this script.

Can this script be used to copy dive sites from one logbook to a second logbook file?