What the heck are you talking about?
No votes
No
13%

Total votes: 15

Stefano

Divinglog Version for the iPhone

Post by Stefano »

In the German section there's the same poll, see viewtopic.php?t=776.

What about you guys? I would love to see an official AppStore version for the 3G, which has GPS support 8) - I'm a proud owner of one of those gadgets ... ;)

Let us get mobile iPhone-wise!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, here an official statement: The development has started, data conversion works and I've seen already some screenshots. The development is done by a company focusing on iPhone software for scuba divers and will be sold via the App Store by this company. But there will be a tight integration with Diving Log. I'll keep you posted in this thread. :)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Here are some news: The iPhone Dive Log is developed by More Mobile Software. The dives were stored in a SQLite database on the iPhone. And here are some early screenshots (they are likely to change due to the early stage):

divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The communication between Diving Log on the desktop and the iPhone works now really good. It's very easy to transfer your logbook from the desktop computer to the iPhone and vice versa. Everything works wireless ("over the air" in Apple's words 8)) via WiFi, the only way to communicate with the iPhone. The app will run of course also on the iPod Touch.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Here you can see the iPhone sync dialog which will be included in the next Diving Log update shortly:

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Excellent Sven, looks good to me! Do you roughly know, when it will be available in the Apple Store? Just returned from a 2 weeks diving holiday in Mozambique and would have loved to have used the application ... ;)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Stefano

Unfortunately I don't know it, but I'll send you the email of the developer and maybe he can tell you an estimated release date. Of course it depends on how much features he want to include in the first release and if he wants to start a limited public beta test.

Sven
Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Excellent and TAL Sven!

Cheers
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Here is another small update:

The first version was sent to Apple a few days ago for approval and should be available shortly in the App Store and will be available in English and German in this first version. Unfortunatley a small bug is included in the iPhone Sync function from the last Diving Log update. So everyone who as installed Diving Log (update or full setup) before 1st January 2009 should download this zip file and extract it into the Diving Log program folder: Sync.zip

In the current setup (after 1st January 2009) this version is already included. Here are some other links with more information:

Diving Log iPhone Sync Tutorial
Dive Log Native
Dive Log Sync
Dive Log Screenshots
sublub

Post by sublub »

Hoi Sven,

First the best whishes for 2009

I installed de new sync file but I still get a error mesage.

SQlite error: no such table: user defined

Any idea what I can do?

Michael
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Michael

I wish you also all the best for 2009! When does this happen, when you open the sync program? Or do you have already the iPhone Dive Log? If it happens during sync, please send me your Diving Log logbook file.

Thank you!
Sven
sublub

Post by sublub »

I already have de iphone divelog. Looks great by the way. Sync from the iphone to pc work fine. But if I want to sync from the pc to the iphone than I get that error message after a few seconds.
sublub

Post by sublub »

you've got mail :)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Michael

Thank you for the file and the very fast bug report, I assume you must be the first official iPhone Dive Log user 8)

I was able to find and fix the problem. The problem was the space in the userdefined field names in this database. But now it works also with the space in the field name. I've sent you the updated Sync.zip, for everyone else, you can download here again the zip file (make sure your browser doesn't download the old file from the cache. The Sync.exe date inside the zipfile must be the 3rd January): Sync.zip (extract into the Diving Log program folder)

So, the iPhone Dive Log was finally approved by Apple and is now available in the App Store: iPhone Dive Log

Sven
sublub

Post by sublub »

Thanks, everything works perfect now.